Overhauled Mom’s Snap On Screwdriver

So my mom has this limited edition Mother’s Day Snap On ratcheting screwdriver. It came in a kit with a pair of pliers and a pair of Kershaw scissors, all with pink handles. I must have given them to her thirty five years ago.
On my last trip to see her I was fixing stuff around her place and noticed the screwdriver wasn’t ratcheting very well. I told her let me see what the Snap on guy says and we’ll go from there.
So, I explain what I have to the SO guy and he gives me a rebuild kit on the condition that I give the used parts back to him.
Mom mailed me the driver, I disassemble it and see that nothing is broken, just the lube dried out and now it was all sticky.
I replaced all the parts anyway since I had em and lubed it up with some Dumond Tech Pro X Freehub Grease. I am so impressed with the feel of this screwdriver now that I’m going to lube mine up with the same stuff. I highly recommend it for ratchets and pretty much anything with tiny parts.
72005518293__65672349-944E-4049-A10E-2E59A937CBC6.jpeg
IMG_5380.jpeg

I have one of those! It came with my first company van (from the company I work for now)~27 years ago. This answers my question of "why a PINK Snap-On ratcheting screwdriver?". Mine still works well, doesn't need grease.

Nice. I have a go to Channellock that does not ratchet (essentially 4 bits), and a Stanley that does. Guarantee neither has a repair kit. Always wanted to redo a Snap On ratchet and have one repair kit, but they never wear out based on my usage.

Nice. I have a go to Channellock that does not ratchet (essentially 4 bits), and a Stanley that does. Guarantee neither has a repair kit. Always wanted to redo a Snap On ratchet and have one repair kit, but they never wear out based on my usage.
Call Channelock, their customer service is pretty good. I needed a lens for a flashlight and since it wasn't available separately, they sent me a whole new light.

Call Channelock, their customer service is pretty good. I needed a lens for a flashlight and since it wasn't available separately, they sent me a whole new light.
Good to know. Thanks. No problems with the screwdriver it’s great quality.

I have burned through Channellock T6 drivers. I could do about 100 tightenings then toast.
Switched to Wiha and those got about literally 10x as many, before being worn (these were to assemble rugged cases on industrial tablets). I think it’s the screws’ fault actually, less so the tool.

Back