Torque Adapters

Hello, I was wondering what the general consensus is on torque adapters like this:

I have been thinking of adding one to the tool box for a little while now. I have seen them become a bit more popular lately instead of using a traditional torque wrench. I have a torque wrench but was thinking of having one of these too...

Thanks.

They have the 3/8 for $20 off. I can't see why they aren't useful, even to check a regular torque wrench.

Looks good to me. The best "click" wrenches are +/- 3% and cost a lot more than this device. Thiis (in .5") could relace both a half inch and three eights inch torque wrench.

After reading the 1, 2 and 3 star reviews, I wouldn't spend money on it due to reliability issues and (lack of) manufacturer support.

The other advantage is any size ratchet or breaker bar can be used. Seems like a big plus to me. I usually like old school mechanical tools, especially made before 1950, but these are interesting. A lot of makes of them with a lot of crazy new names never heard of before. Another advantage is to check calibration on a mechanical wrench. That alone is worth the price.

Last edited:
The other advantage is any size ratchet or breaker bar can be used. Seems like a big plus to me. I usually like old school mechanical tools, especially made before 1950, but these are interesting. A lot of makes of them with a lot of crazy new names never heard of before. Another advantage is to check calibration on a mechanical wrench. That alone is worth the price.

Does it work reliably for checking calibration of a regular torque wrench?
I'm looking to re-calibrate my TW, don't have a large vice or big enough work space. If this works, it's what I need.

Does it work reliably for checking calibration of a regular torque wrench?
I'm looking to re-calibrate my TW, don't have a large vice or big enough work space. If this works, it's what I need.
I don't know more than the average person. I just thought if you use a torque wrench with this it will beep at the supposed torque wrench setting, and then see how they match. Like having it on a bolt way over the value to be checked. Or may another way is to torque with the wrench then see if this one goes further or lesser to the beep.

Haggler , is it the 3/8s' or 1/2" Quinn that you use ?
They only had a 1/2 drive and 1/2 female when I got it, but the box included adapters for the male side of the digital torque adapter. If you want to use it with a 3/8th ratchet, you need a 3/8>1/2 adapter as the digital torque adapter was a 1/2 female. its very accurate though, I've tested it against my USA made torque wrenches and its spot on.

just get the quinn one from hf, very accurate. its good for a sanity check on my the crap tq wrenches.

Does anyone have valid discount coupon (20 -25% off) for Harbour Freight, for use with Quinn TW?
I feel awful paying list price on HF for anything, is it just me?