Toro 30/10w30 Full Syn oil

I got this Toro full synthetic motor oil that is of course for lawn mowers. High temperature high strength High shear. Can't seem to find a VOA of it anywhere but was just curious if anyone thinks it will be a good idea or a reckless idea to use it in a car engine. I imagine it has a higher zinc phosphorus content may be better for older engines but I don't know. However this oil is also very expensive around 9 bucks a quart what's yalls thoughts on this?

In this day and age and the word "reckless" is getting overused and misused. Since you came here to ask, that invalidates any case that you are being reckless. It would be better if you just said bad idea. Worse case is you would only be hurting yourself.
But overall, the question is too broad. Today cars, No. The safest thing to say is basically a vehicle that is 2004 or older and calls for 10w30 can use that oil.

Originally Posted by NH73
In this day and age and the word "reckless" is getting overused and misused. Since you came here to ask, that invalidates any case that you are being reckless. It would be better if you just said bad idea. Worse case is you would only be hurting yourself.
But overall, the question is too broad. Today cars, No. The safest thing to say is basically a vehicle that is 2004 or older and calls for 10w30 can use that oil.

Systematic restlessness. Game changer. etc.

I would not use this in any car or truck made in the last two or three decades.

A mower... sure.

A vehicle... nope!

I seeked out, found and ran Yardmachine/MTD synthetic Snow thrower oil in the middle of the API- SM period in my Toyota.

It has high HTHS and very high zdp but otherwise a modern oil.

The Stuff ran stupendous!

Then It became unavailable.

IIRC it was blended in Louisianna by a specialty house.

I posted about it HERE back then.

This stuff can really aid break in racket and poor running on fresh engines.

I have used, in a pinch, the Honda Power Equipment 10w30 oil.

It's a polymer blend that's API SN rated. I keep this on hand for my Toro push oil changes with the Honda gxv160.

Last edited:
Back