Top tier gasoline gone?

Another thing to remember is that labeling/signage laws are also in effect. If a gasoline retailer displays Top Tier on the pump, if the gasoline is tested and determined not to be Top Tier, then not only can the certifying group behind Top Tier can go after that retailer for fraud, and I am sure there are a raft of governmental agencies from local to federal that will also go after the retailer.

Hence, if a QT, Phillips 66, Chevron, etc. station cannot get Top Tier gasoline, then it's in that station operator's best interest to remove the Top Tier signage.

This is from their site . There are TOP TIER stickers on the pumps at last fill of gas . So , Top Tier ? Going to start using CHEVRON Techron every 3 > 4,000 miles .

IMG_7746.JPG

Why would those be any worse than any other outlet with the EPA minimum of additives?
Just speculation I guess. Along with the KwikShop that are associated with Kroger. The only upside is they go through a lot of fuel so it's probably not stale. Sometimes I think that less additives is not as big of a deal as it seems. The car companies who suggested the upper tier levels have countlessly applied to have even more detergents added. There is an upside coming as the price of corn is going up..maybe to the point where pure fuel will be cheaper and doesn't need big brother having to subsidize it. Right now the additives are in short supply and many pea based fuel additives are missing on the shelves.

I've noticed that as well. Wal-Mart almost never has Gumout Multi System Tune-Up in stock anymore. The shelves used to be full of it.
It also used to be cheaper than a can of sea foam. At my local Walmart, the sticker price keeps going up but the shelf is always empty.

Just speculation I guess. Along with the KwikShop that are associated with Kroger. The only upside is they go through a lot of fuel so it's probably not stale. Sometimes I think that less additives is not as big of a deal as it seems. The car companies who suggested the upper tier levels have countlessly applied to have even more detergents added. There is an upside coming as the price of corn is going up..maybe to the point where pure fuel will be cheaper and doesn't need big brother having to subsidize it. Right now the additives are in short supply and many pea based fuel additives are missing on the shelves.

An oxygenate to increase average octane rating is pretty useful. So there's going to be a demand to have some sort of oxygenate, whether it's MTBE or ethanol. There's no cheaper way to increase octane rating.

Back