3. Nevada: $4.59
  4. Oregon: $4.51
  5. Washington: $4.44
  6. Alaska: $4.39
  7. Illinois: $4.30
  8. Connecticut: $4.28
  9. New York: $4.26
  10. Pennsylvania: $4.23
According to AAA, the national average for a gallon of gas is $4.06, which is 45 cents more than a week ago, 62 cents more than a month ago and $1.30 more than a year ago.

However, things might get worse for U.S. consumers, according to GasBuddy's head of petroleum analysis, Patrick De Haan. "Forget the $4 per gallon mark, the nation will soon set new all-time record highs and we could push closer to a national average of $4.50/gal," he said.

"California could be heading for $5.50 per gallon with more stations charging $6 and beyond," De Haan added in a statement.

"We've never been in this situation before, with this level of uncertainty. As we lose a major global producer under the weight of deserving bipartisan sanctions for invading a sovereign country, the cost is high. Americans will be feeling the pain of the rise in prices for quite some time, with little good news foreseen," he said.

Too bad supply constraints have been so bad otherwise there may have been mass adoption towards hybrid/BEV in the coming weeks/months.

Gas went up almost a dollar in 10 days. I've never seen something like this in my life, this is going to affect the price of everything.

It's nuts. I went to work and on the way back for lunch it jumped .10 cents a gallon

Gas went up almost a dollar in 10 days. I've never seen something like this in my life, this is going to affect the price of everything.
I was like this during Katrina. I remember at the time thinking, "@#$#$ this..I'm buying a 335d" because the spread on gas vs diesel had narrowed considerably.

My ride is old but it still manages ~64mpg and the ladies like it too;

1646680731615.jpg

Where's the guy that said he'll still be driving his full size truck every day even when gas goes to $5 or $6?
We would have to know what state he is from, as we will never see gas at five or six dollars here in South Carolina.
Well never say never but if we do California will be $10-$12

Supply and demand control gas prices a lot. With what’s happening today I look for Americans to curtail unnecessary driving including having“staycations“ during the summer months. If this phenomenon sticks around those in the market for a car will look for mpg ratings first, just like the 70’s when gas prices doubled.
The only fly in the ointment I see is back in the 70’s auto makers cranked out the small cars to meet the demand; today new cars are slow getting to the dealership and they‘re sold at msrp +
There’s a lot of sorting out fixing to happen….

It does not bother me at all. When the prices spiked to 5.00 per gallon in 2008 I budgeted for 10.00 per gallon. I have a mindset of of not changing driving habits or travel restrictions until it gets over 10 bucks.

It’s really no big deal. I don’t see what the panic and upset is all about. Just pay the price and be happy we don’t have fuel restrictions or oil embargo.

I paid $5.05 for Premium at a Loves station on Saturday.

Luckily I drive my company car 80% of the time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back