Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, what tools do you guys use? Power tools included.

I use Stahlwille when it comes to wrenches and ratchets, etc, whereas I'm pretty much a Dewalt man for the power tools.

S

cool.gif
Whatever people get me for Christmas.
grin.gif

I got just about everybrandmixed

I do have a lot of Craftsman, and while Fascom, Proto, Snap-On etc are better, craftsman sockets and wrenches are fine for oil changes.

Got me a laser level this christmas....can't even remember the brand.

The best tool is the one that's in easy reach, but that don't mean I use a little hammer when I need a big one....er...

I typically use craftsman wrenchs and sockets. Mac and snap-on are a little too pricey. I use alot of klein tools as well. I like dewalt for drills and porter cable for saws.

Oh... I got one of those Black and Decker snake lights. Came in real handy along with my Ott lights when I had to replace my alternator the other night.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Scotto:
Oh... I got one of those Black and Decker snake lights. Came in real handy along with my Ott lights when I had to replace my alternator the other night.
smile.gif

Those Ott lights do make a difference. First ran into one visiting a friend in the dorm at the guide dog school. Most of the people using dog guides have at least some sight, and the Ott lights with the built in magnification help them make the best use of what they do have.

I am buying more and more tools at the Ace Hardware. They seem to have the quality for less than Craftsman. Stuff I won't use much, I pick up cheap at Harbor Freight including a $10 laser level.

Craftsman,Snap-On, Proto,SK, Klien,Stanley and Dewidat

Ryobi,Black and Decker, Dewalt, Milwalkee, Dremel, Roto Zip and Harbor Freight Brand's

Fluke and Radio Shack

I have a mixed bag of tools. Craftsman are fine for tinkering at home and minor things at work.

For things like line wrenches or extreemly tight bolts I use my Snap-on's.

I have a sae set of Matco wrenches that are my favorite.

Carquest store near by has some good prices on blackhawk tools. I have bought a couple to try out and am very satisfied with them so far.

A little bit of everything. I bought a Delta table saw/miter saw/drill press from homedepot, they are the WORST tools I have ever had. They are all broken. Now I see home depot doesn't sell delta anymore...
rolleyes.gif

When I took a year of auto shop in high school Mac tool gave students a 50% discount!!!!!! I bought a $3,000 aprentis(sp?) set for $1,500, what a deal! Now I buy Craftsmen and Stanly when I need something I dont have.

Porter Cable is nice and B&D stuff.

JohnBrowning's list looks just like mine for the most part (hey! you been looking in my toolbox JB?
grin.gif
)

The majority of hand and air tools for mechanical work are $nap-ons, power tools are mostly Milwaukee. For electrical work, Fluke for metering, Weller for soldering (butane iron, really neat). My favorite at the moment is the 10.2V Li cordless Dremel I received for Christmas. It has about 99% the capability of the corded model without having to look for a plug.

Nifty, nifty, nifty. A $15 Santronics AC Sensor. Just touch the plastic tip to a hot wire and it glows red. With it, it is even worth while finding and replacing the bulb in one of those billion bulb Christmas light strings. Just slide it along until the red goes out. Replace the last bulb, and the string lights, saving my Christmas spirit. Many other uses where throw away is not as good as an option. Like many of my newer tools, it came from the Ace hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back