Tom Brady

If you were Tom Brady would you retire from football to spend more time with his kiddos and super model wife? I read he is worth $400M and she $600M. So it cannot be he is still working as he needs the money!!

This thread is not about who is the best QB but rather about what is important in life, especially when your in your 40s.

No question I would retire. He has a family, health and all the money he needs. He can coach his son's football team (if he has boys). Or just drive his kids to school and talk on the way.

Bottom line, there are more important things in life than football even than the NFL!!

If you were Tom Brady would you retire from football to spend more time with his kiddos and super model wife? I read he is worth $400M and she $600M. So it cannot be he is still working as he needs the money!!

This thread is not about who is the best QB but rather about what is important in life, especially when your in your 40s.

No question I would retire. He has a family, health and all the money he needs. He can coach his son's football team (if he has boys). Or just drive his kids to school and talk on the way.

Bottom line, there are more important things in life than football even than the NFL!!
I don't blame him for staying in. He's at that age where he'll have to retire soon anyway. If he has time left where he feels fit and able enough to play, let him enjoy it. He's definitely not going to get that back.

My friend used to work for Dr. Phillip Frost and relayed this story:

Dr. Frost was at the airport and got in a taxi. The taxi driver recognized him and said, Hey, Dr. Frost what are you doing here? Dr. Frost replied that he was on business and attending a meeting. The taxi driver said, Man, you're still working at your age!? If I were you, Dr. Frost, I'd retire and relax. Dr. Frost then replied, And that is why you'll never be me. Dr. Frost is in the game because he loves the game, not the money.

Same with Tommy. For people at the top there are not other more important things in life than what they do. Tommy is going through a marriage crisis similar to many middle aged men and I think more so women. Just my causal observation but I see more high level women at work are divorced than men.

Observations suggest it is very hard for a top athlete to leave on top. Michael Jordan is a great example of a potential GOAT not being able to leave on top.

The question is- why can't a potential well-established GOAT leave after a world championship, Super Bowl, etc? I can't answer that question, but I doubt it is centered around money. A psychotherapist may be able to provide some potential reasons a GOAT can't leave at their peak of performance/ accomplishments. I surely have no idea.

It’s as simple as this - It’s their identity. It’s what he’s known his whole life. Many similar examples if you think about it. The Rolling Stones, Bruce Willis etc.

Comment of the year! His first wife was hot too. Unfortunately maybe he traded teams.

Isn't the super model wife about the age a GOAT would trade her in on a new model anyway? Let's ask Billy Joel.
Ok, ok, I had to get that out.
It depends on the power dynamics of the relationship. If Gisele approached it with logic and understanding and sought a mutually agreeable solution, I could see her point. If she approached it with an ultimatum like "You retire or I'm leaving you." I would have to side with Tom. Either way, it's not like he is going to lose money on the deal. Plus I do not think he will be without acceptable female companionship for long.

Last edited:
Well, based upon his press conference appearances of late, I can tell Giselle isn't feeding Tom - every notice how gaunt he looks? Especially in his face...

Incredible that this season the elder QBs in the league are struggling - Brady Rodgers, Ryan, and yes, I'll throw in Wilson, too, despite being many years younger than those I've mentioned.

I can see both sides of this. Like him or not, he will most likely go down as the best QB ever. He loves what he does, and he wants to keep playing.... Even if only for 1 or 2 more seasons.

On the other hand, she doesn't want to see him get banged up, and wants him to play father to his kids more. Remember, she's worth considerably more than he his, and put her career on hold to raise the kids, while he threw a pigskin on weekends.

But with that said, they're both being stupid, childish, and selfish about all of this. And I believe there is a lot more to this whole matter than what the press is reporting.

Even if he plays a few more seasons, they'll still have decades together to enjoy their kids, and spend time with them. Far more than most kids will ever get from their parents. Who usually have to grind their bones to dust 5 days a week until they're 65.

There are 3 sides to every divorce... Her side. His side. And the TRUTH. And that's the side no one ever hears.

Last edited:
Better to walk away while you can than to be wheeled away in a wheelchair,

Giving up a family and long term health for an obsession is stupid. What is he trying to prove?

Maybe dementia is already taking hold.

It is nobody's business to question what he wants to do with his life.

Well, think about it this way...chances are most work 9-5, 40 to 50 hours a week. Get 3-4 weeks vacation and take home $80,000-$100,000 a year. They have their holidays off. Hopefully weekends. And enjoy as much as they can with their families, dragging themselves to their games and concerts (dead tired).

Tom Brady gets six months off a year, makes around 27 million in salary and probably double that in endorsements. His kids have everything they need and more. They also have a dad that is off SIX MONTHS out of the year. And their dad also is off on Tuesdays during the season and is free to come home during the week after practice and meetings. And is actually home every other weekend, while also receiving one week vacation during the regular season (bye week).

There is more at play here than his “hectic schedule” and desire to work by playing a game six months out of the year. And yes, I’d continue to “work” rather than retire at the age of 44, with his schedule and 27 million dollar salary.

I'm not a big #12 fan but respect his professional accomplishments. No question this guy is a competitive warrior and has a lot of drive to do his best. He'll only be carried out of the arena on his shield.

Reactions: JC1
Back