Toilet flange glue to the pipe / rusted

We just put a Cimarron Rev 360 2-piece in place of an American Standard. Way more better. One power flush with less water. Her Highness will never clog it. It goes "whoooosh" like an airline toilet.
The PO had put Glacier Bay shower controls and faucets in both bathrooms and GB faucet in the kitchen. I replaced all with Moen last weekend. You can not only see, but actually feel, the quality difference.
I have a GB shower handle + hose. It is chorme but it rust after a couple years, it feels like plastic, but for the price it is ok to replace an old broken shower. If I spent 50K remodeled my bathroom I probably won't use it.

Update: I was able to get my parents' usual plumber to come visit yesterday and he remove the old flange's metal, installed a replacement flange ring (on top of the ABS pipe instead of under it (stainless steel Oatey mounted with 6 bolts to the concrete slab), he said it won't leak and will promise it won't leak for at least 10 years if he install the toilet, no guarantee if he didn't install it himself.

Since he didn't charge extra for installing the toilet, even the single piece, I took up that offer and rush to Home Depot and bought a $360 Kohler Santa Rosa. 28" compact elongated, fit my space well and it is elongated. He got it in there and installed it in 15 mins, even threw in the new water line (old one was too short for the ADA height toilet today) for free. Wife likes the way it look, I'm ok with it but the dimension fits well, just that it is heavy so I may not be able to replace it myself in the future (109lb). The banjo countertop shaded the tank lid lips that people complained about, so all is well now.

An extra $100 over the Kohler Wellworth sure beats lighting up a scent candle to deodorize the bathroom until it is fixed in another week, and lose the 10 year leak free guarantee and the free installation. This guy also only charged me 1/2 as much as the guys on Yelp too.
stuff like this is a glass half full thing. this job i would never pay someone to do it as its pretty simple . its $20 in materials and maybe an hour. as long as you are happy with the outcome is all that matters.

stuff like this is a glass half full thing. this job i would never pay someone to do it as its pretty simple . its $20 in materials and maybe an hour. as long as you are happy with the outcome is all that matters.
Yes if I have the tool to drill into concrete for the mounting hole, also moving a 109lb single piece toilet around isn't something I'm too confident in (I'm a wimpy dude). Sometimes you have to pick your battle.

Yes if I have the tool to drill into concrete for the mounting hole, also moving a 109lb single piece toilet around isn't something I'm too confident in (I'm a wimpy dude). Sometimes you have to pick your battle.
no biggie. i always have told my kids to get a good education so they can make a good living and pay people to do these things. i do it mostly for fun and saving money is a side benefit .

two things i don't do is roof and dig holes. Falling off a roof and aggravating my bad back is no bueno.

Back