Toilet fill valve replacement/modification

I know that thread is older but recently I found out that the new Danco HC660 hydroclean will fit the older Kohler Rialto
toilets. The fill valve will go down to 9.5 inches tall and just fits the top and side of the toilet. I am not sure it fits the other low profile models
San Raphael, Rialto and Revival

but is worth a look . I retrofitted mine and flush time is down to 29 seconds and the hydroclean feature scours the tank bottom to keep the flapper clean .
You can also adjust the bowl water height to keep enough water in the bowl for a good strong flush .
Its a good $12 solution with a 5 year warranty. I'd bet that Danco has no Idea that it fits these toilets.
I found out by accident when replacing a fill valve on another toilet and the package said it fits 9 inch height.
I bought another after some preliminary measurements and it fits perfectly .
Thank you Danco .

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
Yeah, I still have one of those POS early generation 1.6 gpf models. I would have replaced it by now except for two things. I haven't replaced the vinyl flooring in that bathroom and the installer cut the vinyl AROUND the base of the toilet. And, worse, the setback is slightly less than 11", meaning that the hole in the floor is too close to the wall. The current tank is mashed against the wall and it takes a double stacked tank to bowl gasket to not leak. I'd have to rework the flange or get a "compact" model commode to replace the thing.

Get a 10" rough-in model... mines a TOTO Drake

Toto has so many variations on the Drake, it can be hard to navigate. I recently installed one of the new Drake dual-flush models with 1.28 / 0.8 gpf. Works great (big flush for big jobs, little flush for little ones). They have multiple combinations (1.6/1.2, 1.6/0.8 etc.). Also, combinations of regular and "comfort height" (between regular and high), and rough-in dimension. Amazon is one of their recommended merchants and I got mine for around $280 total (prime). The new swirl port flush system is far better than the old straight fast flush from previous models. Best toilet I've ever had, far better than a 12 year old Ultimax II.

Good flapper replacement for Kohler’s

2-in Rubber Universal Toilet Flapper
Yes , this fits better than the Kohler one with the rubber band that is supposed to snap in at different heights.
I gave up on those. They always leaked right out of the package .
The korky one gets slimy even with good city water and that is why i like the hydroclean feature on the 660.
I try to clean it every 6 months . takes about 20 seconds. Just rub it off with a cloth . Especially the bottom seal.

Good flapper replacement for Kohler’s

2-in Rubber Universal Toilet Flapper

Most newer low-profile Kohler toilets use one of several oddball flappers unique to Kohler. I had a photo of the shark fin version, but there's also this one:

71VfQk0cFsL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

One of my parents' toilets use this specific one (Kohler 83064). It's wider than 2", is somewhat flat, and has an open bottom with an expanded foam insert disk inside in the little round part. I replaced the original one, and back then it was using black rubber although the red version was an exact fit. And that black rubber was in really bad shape after about 7 years. It was crumbling apart. The issues I've seen with the Lavelle Chlorazine flappers (I believe they still make them for Kohler regardless of the label) is that they harden, discolor, or maybe barely pit, but I've never seen one look like it was rotting.

Back