TJ's dried Dragon fruit.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ack.....it's not really food.....a cross between roadkill cardboard and dried fecal pond scum.

I'm going to see if I can get my $1.99 back
crazy2.gif
LOL.gif

Sounds like some sort of enviro-'friendly' food. Did you find these next to the off-brand Slim Jim's near the cash register at the gas station?

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Ack.....it's not really food.....a cross between roadkill cardboard and dried fecal pond scum.

I'm going to see if I can get my $1.99 back
crazy2.gif
LOL.gif

Rest assured that fresh dragon fruit isn't any better.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Sounds like some sort of enviro-'friendly' food. Did you find these next to the off-brand Slim Jim's near the cash register at the gas station?

You don't know TJ's?

dragon fruit

Originally Posted By: moribundman

Rest assured that fresh dragon fruit isn't any better.

With some dried fruits the goodness is concentrated....cherries for example.....with Dragonfruit whatever goodness (little) there is in the fresh stuff leaves during the drying process and the rankness is concentrated.

Strangely enough the taste of durian doesn't gag me. Durian ice cream is acceptable. I think the freezing process cuts down on the rotten garbage can outgassing.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Do you like the taste of durian?

The frozen stuff is hit or miss. I like the texture of the fresh stuff but sometimes the smell can be overwhelming so I can only have one portion at a time. When I went back to Vietnam in 07, durian was in season and the first night we were greeted with several take out boxes worth of it (the sellers can take it out of the shell for you). My sister who really likes the frozen stuff couldn't eat it. By the time the durian was gone I was sick of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back