Titan ATF 5000 SL

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Pajero/Montero is equipped with an Aisin-Warner transmission, calling for Dexron II/III or SP-II/III in the service manual. I've used Dexron III, Mercon, Mercon V and SP-III in my transmission with no problems to date.

I've been meaning to switch to a synthetic ATF (to increase my service intervals from 40,000 km/7 months to 60,000/12 months), which is very difficult to come by here. Everybody uses OE ATF, and as a result universal fluids are hard to find, let along synthetic universal fluids. After a lot of research, I've come across Fuchs' Titan ATF 5000 SL:

Originally Posted By: 'Fuchs Website'[/url
TITAN ATF 5000 SL

atf_5000_sl_01.jpg

Fully Synthetic, Multi Functional Automatic Transmission Fluid recommended by all leading manufacturers. Allows fluid changes of 100,000 km in commercial vehicles. Optimum shifting at all temperatures. Suitable for use in steering systems and diverse hydraulic drives.

DEXRON II-E
MB 236.8
RENK-DOROMAT
VOITH G 607, G 1363
ZF TE-ML 09X, 14C, 16M
FORD MERCON
ALLISON C-4
MAN 339 D Synthetisch

Source

Now I'm not sure what Dexron II-E is, but seeing Mercon is listed, I'm assuming this ATF is safe to use for my application. But I thought I'd seek some advice before going ahead and buying it. If not, the plan is the stick to SP-III...the transmission's very smooth running on it.

Not a brand available here.
Dexron IIe is DexronII

If thats the only synth available, then give it a try.

Extremely late reply for this tread, but anyway:
Have used some time myself, looking for a HQ ATF oil for my Aisin-Warner AF33 (mounted in a Opel Vectra). Just talked with a distributor of Fuchs where I live, and he told me that within a few days they will have a new ATF 6000 oil in stock. This is a fully syntetic oil with Dexron VI spec. The man I talked with claimed this new oil to be compatible with all Dexron ATFs. Aisin, says I need JWS3309 for my gearbox, while GM recommends me Dexron VI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back