Tires?

DR1

Hello. On my 2008 Nissan Titan 2wd I run 275/60R20 All Season Tires. I live in Central Florida. I want a tire that wears well along with having incredible traction.

Are you familiar with this specific tire and tire brand?

ATTURO AZ800​

Part# ATT-AZ800-71GH0AFE

It's just another Taiwanese tire. With a tread wear of 420 it won't likely give you too much wear. But, who knows. Give them a shot. If they're cheap enough you can adjust your expectations. I personally avoid Chinese (Taiwanese) tires and brake components whenever possible.

that wears well along with having incredible traction.
I don't know anything about that tire - but high traction and long life don't go together, there on opposite ends of the rubber compound spectrum.

So then the question - traction on what - wet pavement, gravel, mud?

I just went through buying tires.

The number of recommendations for Michelin Defender LTX M/S is overwhelming. It seems to be one of those unicorn tires where it all came together perfect.

I can't make any comments as I only have a couple hundred miles on them.

I don't know anything about that tire - but high traction and long life don't go together, there on opposite ends of the rubber compound spectrum.

So then the question - traction on what - wet pavement, gravel, mud?
Traction on dry pavement. I try to stay off the road when it's raining.

The number of recommendations for Michelin Defender LTX M/S is overwhelming. It seems to be one of those unicorn tires where it all came together perfect.

They are the defacto standard all around truck tire everything else is compared to - good at everything, not great an anything but what is. I haven't had them in a while but will likely get them next.

They are however 3X the price of the tire the OP mentioned.

I have run cheap tires in the past - they do OK if your expectations are proper, there going to have a squishy feel, have OK traction, and your only going to get 30K out of them.

Traction on dry pavement. I try to stay off the road when it's raining.
Cheap truck tire for street use - I would be more inclined to choose the shop first, then choose whatever tire they have in your budget, as any decent manufacture highway tread tire should meet your needs.

Atturo is made I believe in either Taiwan or Thailand - not China - huge difference in my mind. I might be willing to try them if the shop I trusted recommended them.

I'm not wiling to discus a particular brand as we're dealing with locating the correct tire for our van, But what I can say is that if you need support and need to test drive your truck with any tire, you should check out Discount Tire. Assuming you live near one, but we drive hours to our closest DT and we've went through 5 different tires and have yet to find one suited for the van. So you may have an idea on a particular tire and after having it mounted change you mind and want to test something else.. you can do that. Not saying I'm using DT services.. But I did tell them from the beginning that we're in unchartered territory so testing brands on our van is the only way we can find out what best suits the 19''s wheels with the van's characteristics.

I'm not wiling to discus a particular brand as we're dealing with locating the correct tire for our van, But what I can say is that if you need support and need to test drive your truck with any tire, you should check out Discount Tire. Assuming you live near one, but we drive hours to our closest DT and we've went through 5 different tires and have yet to find one suited for the van. So you may have an idea on a particular tire and after having it mounted change you mind and want to test something else.. you can do that. Not saying I'm using DT services.. But I did tell them from the beginning that we're in unchartered territory so testing brands on our van is the only way we can find out what best suits the 19''s wheels with the van's characteristics.
So what (characteristics) have you been unable to find? It would seem all tire are a compromise of price/features/benefits.

So what (characteristics) have you been unable to find? It would seem all tire are a compromise of price/features/benefits.
And details of the van and tire size. Different smaller rim from lower trim might be an option for softer ride and other options

This^^^^^^^. Alot of Trucks and SUVs running the Michelin LTX..

Hello. On my 2008 Nissan Titan 2wd I run 275/60R20 All Season Tires. I live in Central Florida. I want a tire that wears well along with having incredible traction.

Are you familiar with this specific tire and tire brand?

ATTURO AZ800​

Part# ATT-AZ800-71GH0AFE
1. Cheap
2. Long lasting
3. Good traction

Pick any two.

The Defender LTX and the Continental Terrain-Contact H/T are two that check the boxes for 2 and 3.

Also consider Cooper Discoverer A/T if WM has it for that size. As far as I know they're still US made

Back