Tires?

I do not think that OP needs AT tires for good dry road traction. But I may be wrong.

Not driving when it rains in FL sounds like you are off the road 50% of time.

Krzyś

PS I do agree with a post that it may be hard to find street truck tire that does not provide decent dry traction. The difference is in rolling resistance, wet (snow+ice but it rarely applies in FL, especially if one does not drive in the wet) performance and tread wear. Not to mention uniformity. And price.

I did a little research for you. Since you are in Florida and you want great traction and decent longevity. If you are willing to go .6 smaller diameter you could put a 275/55/20 on. When you get into the 55 series you can step into the performance tire category. There are a few choices in these categories and some that are summer only. Since you said you wanted decent tread life though it came down to one.
plenty of traction with that one, even if you added a ton of horsepower to the truck. slightly wider=better traction and slightly less diameter is equivalent to changing gear ratio in favor of better off line performance or better towing. like going from 3.55 axle ratio to a 3.73.
I didn't do the math, was just giving an example. hope that helped alittle

Attachments

• IMG_1781.jpeg
    IMG_1781.jpeg
    175.3 KB · Views: 4
Just put a new set of

HankookShare on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on PinterestEmail Page to a Friend

KINERGY 4S2 All Weather Tires​

On our 2020 Toyota Rav 4 XLE. 225/65r/17's
They are awesome in snow and rain and, do great on dry pavement as well.
We really like them.

Back