Tires will not stay in balance?

I hope you marked the tire relative to the wheel. If I am right on this, it was the wheel moving relative to the tire. That would cause the assembly to initially be OK, then later go out of balance, but not appreciably affect the RoadForce.
Yes, I plan to do so before driving the truck again. Thanks.

If this turns out to be the issue, what is the resolution?

I often use windscreen washer fluid, a 50/50 mix of alcohol and water and usually available in automotive workshops. Cleans of grease, oil and silicone

I hope you marked the tire relative to the wheel. If I am right on this, it was the wheel moving relative to the tire.
Have you ever in your tire career seen a factory mounted tire rotate on the wheel 10,000 miles after mounting?

I haven't, unless it was near flat. Most of the time it is a struggle just to break them free.

Have you ever in your tire career seen a factory mounted tire rotate on the wheel 10,000 miles after mounting?
No, but that's the only thing that makes sense given the facts.

But I will tell you I have seen car dealers replace a tire before the vehicle was sold - and for some odd reason, the guy mounting the tire used silicone as a mounting lube - and that tire slipped on the rim.

But the term is so widely misused by those who don't know better that it doesn't surprise me that a Google search turns up lots of hits.
It's like "warped rotors." Ugh.
The guy thought he had got a great deal on some Federal tires for his C6 Corvette, and I could only tell him they were not the roundest tires I've seen, and give them a try.
I had sticky weights going a quarter way up my wheels because of Federal Tires. Those things were the worst tires I've ever seen or used.
I've heard it happen on race cars but that's usually because they're using slicks with massive amounts of brake power.

Any tire can slip on the wheel especially right after they are mounted. It takes a couple days or more depending on what lube was used. That's another reason why you should avoid and hard braking or acceleration until they get some miles and heat. Corners not so much. Whenever I mount up autocross tires that are going to be used soon after, I always mark the stem position on the tire with a silver sharpie.

Quite a long time ago when I was active on a Toyota forum a lot of people with certain wheels were complaining about having to constantly rebalance their tires, after a while some of the people matchmarked the tire to the rim and discovered over a few weeks the tire had rotated all over the place on the rim. Apparently a big batch of these specific wheels were manufactured a tiny fraction of an inch undersized, which was causing the tire to squirm out of place in a short period of time, causing lots of balancing headaches.

....But I will tell you I have seen car dealers replace a tire before the vehicle was sold - and for some odd reason, the guy mounting the tire used silicone as a mounting lube - and that tire slipped on the rim.
I do remember reading quite a while ago, in R&T magazine, about someone who had their old steel wheels on a collector car sandblasted and 100% powder coated, and experiencing the tire rotating on the wheel afterwards.

Is this a top-fuel hemi? NHRA top-fuel cars have their tires screwed to the rims so the tires don't spin on the rim, however, they also have 10,000+ HP. I've never heard of a normal automotive tire spinning on the rim.

There are beadlocks on both sides of the wheel. There is a knurled bead seat on both sides of the wheel where the tire bead sits. Each ring is bolted to the wheel with 24 bolts, clamping the tire bead between the knurled wheel bead seat and the ring.

Example from one of my past teams.

PICT0235.JPG

A bit of a typo in my post.

It should say "There are beadlocks on both sides of the wheel".

NOT

"They are beadlock wheels on both sides of the wheel"

This is why we need our own balancer and tire machines at home. Balance off? Fix it yourself anytime. When i was working in the tire industry i got to take extra time and try to match mount my tires. Mount it, take a weight measurement, move the tire, find the lowest balance weight required. Truck tires are big enough to find a sweet spot and balance with little weight if you keep at it.

My guess is the balancers at those shops were slightly off on calibration, OR those good year tires are only Good For a Year.

I have seen occasions where the tire pumps at gas stations get water logged and when you use their air you get water too. Also your balance is destroyed.
recall this scenario back in the 80s with several police cars in the fleet. The officers aired up the tires at a location that didn’t have a water separating system on the air supply. got several ounces of water in a couple of tires. The tire would balance (water held in one location) then it would be out of balance after the initial balance (water located elsewhere). We had the tire rep convinced that the tires were bad. We found the water after breaking the tires down to swap them out. We mopped the water out and all was well.

I know this is a Ram that OP is having trouble with but may I remind everyone of the Chevy Shake issues? There are other components that could be out of balance. It’s still under warranty, so I’d find another dealer near a speed zone where you can get up to the speeds you need. Start your paper-trail now in case you need to lemon law it.

Very good video on mounting double beadlock wheels.

Every team I've been on is/was aware of slight differences in bead thickness, and tire diameter. Tires are chosen based on those measurements. All wheels are checked for run out, or any anomalies in manufacturing. Weld Wheels has good quality control in my experience.

Take the tire off the rim and clean the areas of contact thoroughly with alcohol.
I just got some new Pirelli's from Sam's club. They used an excess amount of some lubricant. I took a 2500 mile road trip next day. Started smooth then began shaking. I have the pictures showing the "dots" by valve stems versus now after 2500 miles. right front slipped 180 degrees, left front 90 degrees. Going back to Sam's Monday to complain. All highway miles NY to MO and back. '17 Accord, 4 Cyl, no turbo, stick shift. Really not happy.

Tires have white looks like soap statins spun out from bead area.

If they used a silicone will it create lasting issue with the rubber/bead mount area? Rims are 17" Painted Alloy from my Hyundai. Never had issues with balancing prior. I'll fight for new tires and have mounted somewhere else if needed. I don't want to have this happen again. Sadly they did my daughters CRV the same day.

Also a concern for me is the emergency braking side of it. If it's slipping while starting out on an Accord, what happens IF ABS is engaged and they still slip? How much longer to stop?

Also from the knowledge on here. What is "approved" for mounting tires and what besides silicone, should be avoided.

I have no clue what they used but will in a day or 2. If they used silicone will the Alcohol take care of it? I have 8 tires they did and almost $1200.

I had one bad sensor but they said I needed all 4 and I would need to reschedule to get them done. Really not happy with Sam's at this point.

Back