Tire wont accept slime

My tire won't let me squeeze Slime into it (for a slow leak). I actually put a clamp on the bottle and squeezed it 'mechanically'. I can blow air into it with my air 'gun', and when I put the valve core back in, I can air it up. What's up? I know that slime disbelievers outnumber us 10 to 1, but please try to be helpful. Thanks!

My tire won't let me squeeze Slime into it (for a slow leak). I actually put a clamp on the bottle and squeezed it 'mechanically'. I can blow air into it with my air 'gun', and when I put the valve core back in, I can air it up. What's up? I know that slime disbelievers outnumber us 10 to 1, but please try to be helpful. Thanks!
It's a thick fluid.

Have you tried removing the wheel from the car and then try to slime it?

Probably just air pressure fighting you. Even fully deflated, when pumping slime into it, you're building pressure. The air that's being displaced by the Slime has nowhere to go.

I'd try creasing/denting/whatever the tire, hook up the slime hose, then release the dent/crease. This will create a slight vacuum, which should help you pump the Slime in.

How much air is in the tire when you add the slime? :unsure:

You're only supposed to add the slime when the tire is flat or almost flat

Already removed the nail and plugged the hole. This tire had a slow leak before it picked up the nail. Lot's of tread. It's funny, I jacked the car up, pulled the core, waited till it stopped releasing air, let the jack down to force out even more air, then jacked it up while the slime was connected and being squeezed with clamp hoping for a bit of vacuum to help out. It just won't go in. Something to do with whatever tells the car's computer how much air is in each tire?

slime is not acceptable in an on road tire.. and for "temporary use" only.

I use it in leaky tractor tires.

I had leaks that returned over time with aluminum rims. Tire shop would need to remove tire and apply sealant on the rim (under warranty) to fix the leak.

If your car has the Tire Pressure Monitoring system thats your problem. Its a block mounted to the back of the valve stem and it is more restrictive than the valve without the core. I doubt you will be able to push slime through it.
^^^ Beat me by 10 sec.

Be thankful none went in. Throw the bottle of slime away, it is junk. I will not even use it on a rider mower's tire. I have seen the severe corrosive effects that slime has done to a rim. Over time even after it drying, it will eventually ruin the rim. Do it right and get a proper fix on your leak.

If your car has the Tire Pressure Monitoring system thats your problem. Its a block mounted to the back of the valve stem and it is more restrictive than the valve without the core. I doubt you will be able to push slime through it.
^^^ Beat me by 10 sec.
Thank you for your constructive, informative advice. I've already thought of a way to beat it, I think. So, here's hoping. Thank you too AZjeff

NEVER NEVER USE SLIM. You will be paying for that stupid move at tire store in a couple of days.

Back