Slime cheapened their thru-core sealant

I used this slime Thru-Core on a tire that isn't holding air, and I noticed that the stuff that came out of the can is white, rather than green like slime usually is :unsure:

This one doesn't require removing the valve core on the tire, and it doesn't require a hose, either. It screws on to the valve stem, and you unscrew it when the can is empty. Unfortunately, the liquid that came out resembles Fix-A-Flat, and it might not even work. Therefore, this could indicate they have cheapened the product :sneaky:

I put some in a cup in the freezer a few hours ago, and it is starting to freeze. Those who have watched the Project Farm video know that Fix-A-Flat froze, while the others didn't, including the green slime. I suspect it will have frozen completely overnight.

Now, none of this actually means it's just re-canned Fix-A-Flat, even if it freezes and doesn't hold air, but it could be likely, and even if there is no business relationship between the two, it's still a rotten thing to do cheapening the product.

So in summary, DO NOT buy the can that looks like this:

60186_14oz_thrucore_sealant.jpg

So if you're going to use slime, stick to the plastic bottle with green liquid.
Did you thoroughly shake the can? Sometimes products can separate while sitting on the shelf.

Back