Tire Rotation interval

Originally Posted by Paul_Siu
Yes, I thought the reason for tire rotation was to distributed the wear, since the drive wheel will wear faster. Even on AWD, the weight isn't distributed 50/50 so there would be different wear, too.

After 5000 miles, I don't notice too much difference in wear between the tires, so may be by the time we can notice wear, it's a bit too late?

Paul

IMO, it's never to late to rotate if the results bring the tire wear back to equal.

Last edited:
5,000 is what I normally use for my all-seasons.

For juxtaposition's sake, I normally rotation my Blizzaks (when they're on) every 3k or so (softer rubber).

I rotate my tires every 8 - 10k miles. They wear evenly on my FWD. But if they wear uneven then I would do 6k miles.

I should have mentioned I do oil changes every 4K miles so every second oil change for tire rotation works fine, as long as there are no issues with car's alignment and tire balancing.
It's much easier to keep track of oil changes and thus tire rotations than time based or something else.

i change all my vehicles oil at 5k miles. rotate tires at the same time. also check the depth . I could take them to DT and have them do it, but by the time i drive there and wait i would be done doing it at home

Back