Tire Recs - Michelin MXM4 vs GY Assurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
On a 2008 Infiniti G35x...which tire would you go with? Michelin MXM4 or Goodyear Assurance ComforTred...price is about $50 overall more for the michelins. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks!!

Why only these two tires? How did these two make it to the final? What were your selection criteria? Where are you located?

Sorry about all the questions but you're not exactly giving us much to go on...

The MXM4 is a fairly old design, for what it's worth.

What's important to you in tire selection?

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
lasting of any tires I have used.

That can sometimes be a bad thing.
smile.gif

I just wanted to say I bought some Sumitomo tires because sears had them on sale buy 3 and get one free and they do free rotate and balance for as long as the tires are on the car.I didnt expect much but the warranty was 75,000 and i got that easy it suprised me.And anytime i needed them balanced they did it i live in Michigan and the roads are [censored] so i had those things balanced 10 times i bet.

Originally Posted By: dparm
The MXM4 is a fairly old design, for what it's worth.

What's important to you in tire selection?

No, he is referring to the Primacy MXM4, which is a very new tire.

You are thinking of the Pilot HX MXM4, which IS an ancient tire.

I had the GY CT's on a Mazda 3...quieted that car right down, and kept the great handling.

I have those Michelins on my Accord now and they are impressive as well.

It's really a toss up...I'd go with whichever is cheaper or easier to get (local installer or online).

Comfort treads are a softer riding tire on city streets. Probably don't last as long,but,that's a good thing. They are 80,000/6 warranty tires. If you wear 'em out at 40,000 you get a 50% warranty discount on the replacement set at DT. I want new rubber every 6 years,anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back