Tires for a 22 ZR2

We might have to agree to disagree on that one.. Michelin AT tires are a blemish on an otherwise above average tire lineup.
I would draw the line at calling them hot garbage.. but they are definitely below average at premium price.
They last 60k+ and do good on highway and mild off road. It doesn't snow or rain in Arizona enough for me to say that they're good in cold wet weather

We might have to agree to disagree on that one.. Michelin AT tires are a blemish on an otherwise above average tire lineup.
I would draw the line at calling them hot garbage.. but they are definitely below average at premium price.
Are the Geolanders less aggressive than the GY Duratracs? GY's I have now are loud, not that I mind it but being most of my driving is on road I want a more street oriented tire good in rain/snow.

Geolandars are very quiet for all terrain tires. They're definitely less aggressive than duratracs

Are the Geolanders less aggressive than the GY Duratracs? GY's I have now are loud, not that I mind it but being most of my driving is on road I want a more street oriented tire good in rain/snow.
@john_pifer seems to like the G015 on his truck.

Since your driving is primarily highway, it would be hard to find a better tire than the Michelin Defender LTX/MS.

It seems traction may be less on some of their newer tires, I have noticed several of the latest Defenders (both car and truck tires) have “B” traction ratings. Just pay attention to the tires for your specific size.

Last edited:
I was wanting to get away from all terrain tires so I've been running Highway Tread tires for a few years now. I use Yokohama Geolander H/T and Cooper Discoverer H/T. I think you'll be surprised how much tread they have even for Highway tires. Check out your local tire shop to see what you think. They'll last longer if most of your driving is on the pavement.

Back