Tire inflator recommendations

Does anyone have a 12V tire inflator recommendation? I plan to get one soon. Nothing fancy, just the one that will do the job without much hassle.

I am an apartment dweller, I can't have a compressor or directly powered inflator.

Cordless(battery) or corded(plug-in type)???

Corded:

Cordless:

I bought the plug-in cigarette lighter port, Harbor Freight(Pittsburgh) corded pump on HF coupon. I also have 2 others that I've had for years. All are the plug-in the car type(not home AC outlet)...just to be clear. ;)

Do you know of one that gives you the option of 12v or 120 v plug in..????

Watch the Video Link provided by Char Baby.
Some of these compressors will over-heat and just not last.
To some degree, you get what you pay for.

Make sure the power cord and hose length are long enough for getting to all your tires.
I bought the 'smaller' of the two sold by Harbor Freight.

On a side note: I purchased a 2,200 amp Battery Power Pack (for jump starting engines).
It also came with a (cigarette lighter adaptor) so I could run the compressor from battery charger.

I bought a Ryobi that can blow up air mattresses and tires. For tires you just set the pressure you want and it stops when it gets there. It is Lithium powered and does a lot of tires before needing a charge. I used it on out motorhome with 6 high pressure tires and both my pickup trucks and it still had power to keep going. my wife got it for me last Christmas. Also blows up my grand daughters balloons

I bought a Ryobi that can blow up air mattresses and tires. For tires you just set the pressure you want and it stops when it gets there. It is Lithium powered and does a lot of tires before needing a charge. I used it on out motorhome with 6 high pressure tires and both my pickup trucks and it still had power to keep going. my wife got it for me last Christmas. Also blows up my grand daughters balloons
+1 on this one. I love it.

For a 12V one you are limited as to what the inflator can pull from the cigarette lighter in amps.

Watch the Video Link provided by Char Baby.
Some of these compressors will over-heat and just not last.
To some degree, you get what you pay for.

Make sure the power cord and hose length are long enough for getting to all your tires.
I bought the 'smaller' of the two sold by Harbor Freight.

On a side note: I purchased a 2,200 amp Battery Power Pack (for jump starting engines).
It also came with a (cigarette lighter adaptor) so I could run the compressor from battery charger.
This^

I had a Kobalt compressor I bought at Lowes many years ago that finally bit the dust. The replacement didn't last a year. I'm also on the hunt for something a bit sturdier.

I keep a Ryobi One + in the storage area of our Honda Pilot. We do a lot of driving vacations and I had also replaced the temporary spare with a full size wheel and tire. I had an extra charger for the battery and keep that in the car also since the car has 115V in the rear seat area.

This is lower cost, but I got it to throw in the back (along with a plug kit) for road trip flats, not regular use.
In two years I've used it once, and it worked well, on the car of a friend we were visiting, with flattish tires.

I have the Oasser P2hand held . Just filled tires of both cars on 1 charge . They're 15" . A must have . Use it quite a bit ( riding mower(s) , cars , snow blowers , cart ) . Got it through Amazon over 2 years ago . Has a L.E.D. light to help see . The digital settings are accurate .

IMG_7212.JPG
IMG_7206.JPG
IMG_7208.JPG
IMG_7207.JPG
IMG_7209.JPG
IMG_7216.JPG
IMG_7219.JPG
IMG_7218.JPG
IMG_7213.JPG

Last edited:
I have used one of these for the past thirty years. I highly recommend it, unless you're dealing with a truck/SUV with big tires. On top of the benefits of not having to deal with an appliance you get a little exercise.

OIP.jpg

Back