Time for Turbo Tax

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestas

Staff member
I'm used to paying $35 for Turbo Tax. The cheapest I can find it now is $50 at Costco. Has anybody seen any deals on this?

I'm tempted to use Tax Act this time around. It seems to be cheaper. My taxes aren't that complicated.

TurboTax is $30 for the basic around here. Wal-mart, Staples, etc..
Print off the federal form and do the state return yourself.
The state forms often refer to the fed. form for their numbers anyway.
TurboTax is available online; though I don't care for that venue.
I prefer the DIY disc.

Try this site for online returns:

http://turbotax.intuit.com/

I bought software last year. Didnt see any real time savings, the only real benefit was the software that helped to price our donations for deduction purposes.

I think Ill be back to good old paper this year. We have 3 W2 forms, a wide variety of investment income, and a home. Its not terribly difficult for us at this point, it seems...

Last edited:
I wait until the last minute until turbotax begs me to use their free turbotax online. I haven't paid for turbotax in five years. of course, I made under the income requirement, but last year I didn't.

I always use the online version, it saves info offsite and auto-updates. They take the cost automatically out of your Refund (or charges it to your payment), so there is no initial out of pocket cost. I recommend this method, this will be my 4th year doing it.

QuickTax. Business Unincorporated. $79. Although my needs probably slightly vary from yours.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back