Time for new Wiper Blades

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
By the way, whatever brand or design wiper blades you use, you really should consider getting SafeSight, which compliments any wiper blade and extends its life greatly! I have been using SafeSight for maybe 5 or 6 years by now.

Never seen or heard of these...very cool! Where do you get them...internet only?

Haven't seen anyone bring them up, but our Wal-Marts around here have been carrying Michelin brand wiper blades, and I have liked them better than any other "conventional" blades I've tried. I haven't tried the aforementioned "premium" brands, but so far I think the Michelins work fine. I am EXTREMELY ANAL about my visibility, so I use my wipers a lot, even when most people wouldn't, so they get used hard, and so far the Michelins hold up to my abuse the best.

As for maintenance, I just clean the windows at the gas station with the squeegee/scrubber and use the damp paper towel to wipe off the blades, and that seems to do the trick for me. If you do it often enough, they don't have much of a chance to build up and cause problems.

Just my $.02....

cheers.gif

I've been using Valeo Blades for a little over a year. Volvo has since made these OEM since 05. TireRack now has these for $20 each--much less than anywhere else I've seen. These wiper blades rock!

Regarding Valeo blades, VW now uses these (or something like these) on their vehicles, and earlier posters have indicated that Pontiac does, too. These are very good wipers that leave almost no streaks whatsoever, even after 13k miles on my car. They worked very well in the winter (although I did leave them up on snowy days using the "winter" feature on my car) as well.

My '06 Civic has a valeo-style wiper...works very nicely. I think I will go with Valeos for my CR-V when the time comes to change them out.

I've had Triple Edge wipers on both cars for 3 or 4 years now, & they still work well. They have never been specially cleaned or rotated top-to-bottom either. Maybe it's the silicone rubber, or maybe it's one gimmick that really works.

Unless the blades start to develop cracks from the cyclic flopping motion, I see no need to replace wiper blades. Sometimes the cracks aren't obvious. You have to inspect the blade by bending over the blade tip to see cracking on the inside corners.

quote:

Originally posted by AndyH:
An update on my earlier post...I now have the the Bosch ICON blades installed on my STi. They are the same design as the Valeo Ultimate's (which I had on my STi previously). So far, the ICON's are proving to be as good as the Ultimate's. Purchased a pair for my girlfriend's Audi A4 too, she loves them as well. Two thumbs up.
biggthumbcoffe.gif

When I spoke to the Bosch rep (to find out when the ICONs were going to be available), he claimed that they were out in Europe before Valeo had the Ultimates. Valeo just beat Bosch to the U.S. market, by about a year (which is a little suprising).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back