Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

92ADCDC0-B799-468B-949B-424B15F9C6AB.jpeg
1B0A5B66-6D26-4113-988C-BF97FA3E7026.jpeg
9B4EB45F-1267-4AB8-90EA-AA2909FD875E.jpeg

Standard Virginia plates. Very lame and basic. Have several more sets too just picked the ones that aren’t hung up yet to take pictures of. Each of these sets has a story lol. The disabled veteran ones are pretty cool. Those and the ones next to it came from a yard sale actually an estate sale and they weren’t even for sale and I had bought hundreds of dollars worth of tools and I asked about them and the daughter is like yeah I don’t see a use for them so here you go. She was a really friendly person and her dad owned a shop so she thought it was awesome I was a young mechanic and also gave me a great deal on everything I bought. The two sets underneath those the VDA-3820 I managed to talk the person into giving me them when I bought my truck lol. That’s what was on there and what we drove it home with. The VPK-7520 was issued to our 2017 Toyota Camry when we bought it we ran them till they expired which was actually February of 2018 they have the April sticker because Virginia extends your registration by two months when you order new plates I usually just don’t stick the stickers on. Replaced with the Wildlife Bluebird License Plates. The VVU-8087 was my aunts rags that were on my Escape when I bought it. Her insurance company was pretty upset when she would not turn them in because they had more than 6 months remaining but she knew I wanted them so she told them she had already destroyed them on her own. They finally left her alone after about a month lol. VCG-6266 was on our van from 2014-2019 replaced by General Robert E. Lee plates. We used to have lighthouse plates on there until we let them lapse and couldn’t renew them because it’s was too far out then we had another set of regular before these that’s hanging up so I didn’t get a picture. The UKU-2608 are off of a repo Kia at work I asked boss if i could have them he said sure just wait to take them home till they expire so I did. VKL-6724 was left in my sisters house when she bought it so they ended up in my collection. I like the old Virginia standard plates that didn’t say Virginia is for Lovers at the bottom. Still trying to get a set of the newest T series license Plates in Virginia. We have never turned in a set of license plates it’s a waste of time and plates when they can be enjoyed in someone’s collection. Pretty boring post I know but figured I’d start showing off bit by bit of my collection. And because a lot of people ask me all the time Virginia stickers the plates based on the month you purchased the car or purchased the plates for example the VCG-6266 were issued in September 2014 despite us owning the vehicle since April 1998 just the April tags couldn’t be renewed since they went too long. Some states like Florida do it based on your birthday.

Didn't want to pollute (lol) the other threads with my CDL class shenanigans so here's a Cummins Big Cam NTC-650. Anyone familiar with the fueling system? The exhaust reeks of diesel so strong that you would smell it on your clothes from standing next to it.

IMG_0109.JPG

IMG_0111.JPG

IMG_0113.JPG

I wore mine 12-13 hours a day for work… after 3-4 months my feet hurt so bad I couldn’t take it anymore, went to a local work clothes place and said “I hate these boots, what do you suggest?” and the guy laughed and said “People either love or absolutely despise those. Try these Carolina’s!” and the Carolina’s were great, I also love my Danner’s.
Interesting. I came from a pair of Carolinas actually. 2 pair actually that I started alternating. They were okay comfort wise, but wore out very fast hence me having to rotate them. Didn’t even get a year out of them before they showed signs of extreme wear.

I wanted to find some of their US made loggers, but I couldn’t find them locally or online so I had to go with the Chinese made versions. I’ll still use them for wood cutting and such. Thoroughgood actually has a US made (and insulated) logger I might try as well.

FFBC2D5F-68B5-480E-9ED8-102411F10241.jpeg

Illinois Apportioned license plate. This was on my dads truck when he switched companies. Then after a few years his company moved to Indiana and he had to switch plates anyway because Illinois goofed up and gave this plate number to a car too because they requested it as a custom number. If he ever leaves the company I probably won’t be able to keep the plate because it’s a company plate. I still have the original Virginia one he had on it before this one too. I didn’t get to hang any up this weekend maybe Thursday I can.

Back