Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

I had one burn so hot that it looked like your picture post the next day. Had the tree branches swinging, wild.

This was the start. Birch, pine and some chestnut oak kindling.

I paid $20 for heaping wheelbarrow of red oak bit ago 1 mile down road.

IMG_1907.jpeg

We took my nephew to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk yesterday. We also stopped at Steamer's Lane.

This is a view of Natural Bridges State Park, which has at least one natural arch in the formation you see in the picture. The arch is not visible because of backlighting in the afternoon.

This is the San Lorenzo River that flows into the Pacific just south of the boardwalk. The boardwalk is a seasonal amusement park with rides, arcades, free movies on the beach, and all the usual venues. In the picture, you can see one of the water rides in the background. In the foreground, you can see the new bridge for pedestrians and bicyclists. Right behind is an old railroad bridge.

Panorama shot of the two bridges crossing the river.

The wooden roller coaster called Giant Dipper turned 100 years old this year. The Boardwalk, including the roller coaster featured in the 1987 movie 'The Lost Boys.'

We also checked out the small lighthouse that is located on breakwater by the entrance to the Santa Cruz Harbor. This is a 360-degree panorama, so the breakwater has a U shape while in reality, it's straight.

We ate giant corndogs. I have posted a picture in My roadside Food pictures thread in the Food Forum.

Last edited:
Cutting down three tall skinny red oaks for the pond bank project. I hate finding these.

Tiny bird nest.jpg

Some of the logs I laid out yesterday.. One was 35ft cedar the other 41ft red oak but I cut that into 23ft and leftovers. I lay them on top of some other logs that have the cedar branches laid down on top of them. Then some of that plastic snow fence covered by more logs, then will be small branch trimmings followed by wood chip mulch. Also have some dead ash trees to cut and bury down there too. I need to lay out some more of the fencing on the dirt before any more logs though.

East end logs.jpg
East end logs 2.jpg

I was hot too. Got up to 94F.

Back