Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Reported this today,

We were driving from Lynden to our part of Whatcom county at the base of Sumas mountain. Hwy 542 is closed for the summer (those of you who know, KNOW) anyway I'm driving and about 10-12 miles out I see smoke, and think "large burn pile near our house - boy that guy is cutting closer than me, so hot and dry" and "must be on Massey, not Goodwin Road".........but as we turn on Massey with around 5+ miles....."holy cripes that's pretty close to our house and the smoke looks like a house fire"

Now it's holy Dear Lord Jesus, the cats are inside and the wife is freaking a bit and I'm telling her I don't want to drive too much faster......

And then I get a better vector on it, before our house.........where? There there..............

Pull in next driveway and start banging on doors, no one home all around, then I rouse a WFH neighbor two houses south - was oblivious

All the while wife is calling 9-1-1..................

I approach the flames, shed coup, trees, ground FLASH and WOOF fir tree! ****!! I am only seeing if someone is down...........

Burning and burning...............finally car arrives SHE jumps out assessing the sit, bellows codes, tanker and truck arrive, guy about 19 with hose.

Down and need lunch......wow

IMG_3057.jpeg
IMG_3058.jpeg

Last edited:
Reported this today,

We were driving from Lynden to our part of Whatcom county at the base of Sumas mountain. Hwy 542 is closed for the summer (those of you who know, KNOW) anyway I'm driving and about 10-12 miles out I see smoke, and think "large burn pile near our house - boy that guy is cutting closer than me, so hot and dry" and "must be on Massey, not Goodwin Road".........but as we turn on Massey with around 5+ miles....."holy cripes that's pretty close to our house and the smoke looks like a house fire"

Now it's holy Dear Lord Jesus, the cats are inside and the wife is freaking a bit and I'm telling her I don't want to drive too much faster......

And then I get a better vector on it, before our house.........where? There there..............

Pull in next driveway and start banging on doors, no one home all around, then I rouse a WFH neighbor two houses south - was oblivious

All the while wife is calling 9-1-1..................

I approach the flames, shed coup, trees, ground FLASH and WOOF fir tree! ****!! I am only seeing if someone is down...........

Burning and burning...............finally car arrives SHE jumps out assessing the sit, bellows codes, tanker and truck arrive, guy about 19 with hose.

Down and need lunch......wow

View attachment 159787View attachment 159788
You're a good neighbor. (y)

PXL_20230606_103231208.jpg

I'm not sure the sun is supposed to be traffic signal red 😳
PXL_20230606_234252897.jpg

PXL_20230606_235345317.jpg

PXL_20230606_234446508.jpg

1686099207718.png

Parts of the northeast (NYC included) are getting the smoke from Canadian wildfires, and now there's several fires in New Jersey
It don't breathe good 🫁😷
For the older crowd, is this what smog looked like IRL? 😲

My hat goes off to the 👨‍🚒🚒🧯who are on the job, those with breathing trouble are having a very bad time I hear 😯

1958 Studebaker Goldenhawk in 1/43 scale by Dinky.

1877-1984 Talbot/Simca Matra in 1/43 by Norev. When I and my parents were living in the UK for a few years this is the car we had. Even the color (🐪?) is the same. The vehicle was great for road trips and it could go pretty much anywhere due to its small size but it could haul the three of us and camping gear. It even had a winch.

Lots of military aviation at the casa tonight. Only caught one of the numerous rotary wings shaking the roof, but not typical of a C17 on this pattern. My guess is it was a go around. The C17 is much closer than the pictures suggests.
PXL_20230607_033919065.jpg
PXL_20230607_033229769.jpg
PXL_20230607_033232048.jpg

Beautiful night in western Washington tonight. Rains most every day for nine months straight, but wow oh wow for the summer weather.

View attachment 159820
View attachment 159821
View attachment 159822
View attachment 159823
View attachment 159824
Parts of the northeast (NYC included) are getting the smoke from Canadian wildfires, and now there's several fires in New Jersey
It don't breathe good 🫁😷

My hat goes off to the 👨‍🚒🚒🧯who are on the job, those with breathing trouble are having a very bad time I hear 😯
Michael, appreciate you posting the pictures from NYC!

A few pictures from he rural coast side.

Jimmie the alpaca is always good for a chuckle. He teases the goats and menaces the two shepherd dogs on the property. He's got a lot of attitude.

Someone decided to give the goats a break form Jimmie and put hem into a different enclosure for the day.

This awesome piggie comes to the fence to greet visitors. Check out his visible tusk.

View attachment 159820
View attachment 159821
View attachment 159822
View attachment 159823
View attachment 159824
It don't breathe good 🫁😷

They say that is why it has been COLD here. I can attest... chilly Memorial Day week, day, weekend.. colder than usual in Atlanta it's usually HOT by now... Thanks, Canada. I'm in the area affected by this, for sure. Heading "West"
20230607_080625.jpg
"soon"...

Just waiting for this evening. 😎 got my knuckle in there.

Also, GOOD OBSERVATION ON THE SUN it looks HUGE and it's like the Sailor's Moon version of a sun...

Yesterday, coming North through Virginia... .........

20230606_061852.jpg
20230606_061859.jpg
20230606_061905.jpg
20230606_062116.jpg
20230606_062119.jpg

I LOVE the Mustang. Friend is showing me John Wick 1 and 2. It's from NJ...

20230607_081659.jpg
20230607_081710.jpg
20230607_081718.jpg

I'm like JW mixed with The Transporter myself.

Last edited:
They say that is why it has been COLD here. I can attest... chilly Memorial Day week, day, weekend.. colder than usual in Atlanta it's usually HOT by now... Thanks, Canada. I'm in the area affected by this, for sure. Heading "West" "soon"...

So why not just state what you are doing, where you are going, etc? Seems unclear.

Work? What kind?
Vacation?
Roving cat burglar?

So why not just state what you are doing, where you are going, etc? Seems unclear.

Work? What kind?
Vacation?
Roving cat burglar?
Combination of all of the above but no burglaries 🤣🤣
It's like the movie The Transporter... I'll probably jump on a little bit later, today is for sure a day off.

Think cake 🎂 (for today)

They say that is why it has been COLD here. I can attest... chilly Memorial Day week, day, weekend.. colder than usual in Atlanta it's usually HOT by now... Thanks, Canada. I'm in the area affected by this, for sure. Heading "West" View attachment 159903"soon"...

Also, GOOD OBSERVATION ON THE SUN it looks HUGE and it's like the Sailor's Moon version of a sun...

Yesterday, coming North through Virginia... .........

View attachment 159904View attachment 159905View attachment 159906View attachment 159907View attachment 159908
I LOVE the Mustang. Friend is showing me John Wick 1 and 2. It's from NJ...

View attachment 159911View attachment 159912View attachment 159913

I'm like JW mixed with The Transporter myself.
A trilby, really? You should never put a hat down on its brim because it will cause deformation. If you don't have a hat stand available place the hat upside down on its crown on a clean surface. I wouldn't put it down where anybody's rear end has previously seasoned the cushion.

Last edited:
IMG_3818.jpeg

Found this license plate frame in a used car today. I wasn’t going to leave it behind lol. Not my dealership by the way. We aren’t cool enough to have plate frames lol.

A trilby, really? You should never put a hat down on its brim because it will cause deformation. If you don't have a hat stand available place the hat upside down on its crown on clean surface. I wouldn't put it down where anybody's rear end has previously seasoned the cushion.
@vavavroom Fedora ? .. I should have had my blue Merona hat on (with the larger brim) because of special occasion and I really should clean this one. But I found myself on the road.. no special attire. The one you see blew out of the car on Garden State Parkway South when I was driving with all windows down "at speed" and had to get it off the side of the road because it is plenty dirty.. and isn't it a Fedora? Trilby has shorter brim, I want to again build up a collection...

Though. Newark Airport, presently. Then "2 hours South" (local routes, not Parkway) to Little Egg Harbor Township. Then West...............

One more post later about the unfolding of the special day. 🎂

20230607_122901.jpg

20230607_122856.jpg

There is a United Airlines plane in this pic..
20230607_123542.jpg

Now, to talk about dirty.......

20230607_123308.jpg

Pink-Panther-Thinking-593x800.png
20230607_125412.jpg
20230607_125417.jpg

Air smells and looks weird over here. Like something is burning 🔥

Last edited:
Back