Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

Wonder how the food was at Nelson's restaurant? Did the restaurant have a menu or was verbal the method for selecting the food, or maybe one just ate what was being served that day?

Shopkeepers and customers pose in doorways, Oklahoma, 1894.
349673853_661375279337465_3688150273307853827_n.jpg

Last edited:
Wonder how the food was at Nelson's restaurant? Did the restaurant have a menu or was verbal the method for selecting the food, or maybe one just ate what was being served that day?

Shopkeepers and customers pose in doorways, Oklahoma, 1894.
View attachment 159499
I like how everyone showed up dressed to the nines, including with their pocket watch and their best hat. Even the dog stood still for 15 seconds. A realtor? Back then?

verbal: written or spoken
oral: spoken - as in oral exams, oral contract/agreement, Asking Miss Kitty for oral delivery of the menu could be bad for one's health. I bet the menu looked like this:

Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Dessert

(I got this from The Rifleman)

Last edited:
Reactions: GON
53s, I hear you still have AMC, Pontiac,, Mercury dealers in your area. Even Kmart is still the blue light king in your town?
None of those in my area. The one Pontiac dealer is now owned by Amish where they make furniture by hand.

@Zee09
WhiteRogue.jpg

There I was minding my own business, heading to work, about to make a left onto an open four lane roadway when it crested the hill to my right, a white Rogue. :eek: Aware that I was driving one of only two known green Stangs in the entire United States, I was just sure I'd be "made" as an associate of the Zee-man. Fearing for my very life and helplessly caught by surprise at the stop sign, I slouched low in the seat hoping against hope I'd not be noticed. The white Rogue passed by slowly, I could feel the hot scrutinizing glare of hatred, but apparently I was not ID'd as it continued on. After giving it some distance, I followed slowly and snapped a pic to document my brush with death. I regret my hands were shaking from the encounter and the pic is not good. :mad:

I'm off to make sure it's not circling the parking lot. 😬

@Zee09 View attachment 159592

There I was minding my own business, heading to work, about to make a left onto an open four lane roadway when it crested the hill to my right, a white Rogue. :eek: Aware that I was driving one of only two known green Stangs in the entire United States, I was just sure I'd be "made" as an associate of the Zee-man. Fearing for my very life and helplessly caught by surprise at the stop sign, I slouched low in the seat hoping against hope I'd not be noticed. The white Rogue passed by slowly, I could feel the hot scrutinizing glare of hatred, but apparently I was not ID'd as it continued on. After giving it some distance, I followed slowly and snapped a pic to document my brush with death. I regret my hands were shaking from the encounter and the pic is not good. :mad:

I'm off to make sure it's not circling the parking lot. 😬
😲 Just WOW 🙀🙀😳

img_3808-jpeg.159638

IMG_3809.jpeg
IMG_3810.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg
IMG_3812.jpeg

Some new baseball gloves for my collection. These two are two out of the four I’m sending off to be restored by someone else. The rest of the ones coming I’m doing. The first base mitt has a trapeze web so it’s not something you want to do as a beginner. I’m super excited at how the glove from the 40s or 50s will turn out. I touched the laces at the bottom and they all snapped lol. I’m having that one done in regular color laces. The first base mitt will be getting San Diego Padres colors most likely. So dark blue and maybe a touch of white.

Attachments

• IMG_3808.jpeg
    IMG_3808.jpeg
    131.8 KB · Views: 200
John Hance (1837- 1919) is thought to be the first non-Native American resident of the Grand Canyon, US. He opened the first tourist trail, today known as Old Hance Trail, into Grand Canyon in 1884, well before his mining activities began. "Captain" John Hance was said to be one of the Grand Canyon's most colourful characters, and it had been declared by one early visitor that "To see the canyon only and not to see Captain John Hance, is to miss half the show." Hance delighted in telling canyon stories to visitors, favouring the whopper of a tale over mere facts. With a straight face, Hance told travellers how he had dug the canyon himself, piling the excavated earth down near Flagstaff (a dirt pile now known as the San Francisco Peaks). Despite such questionable claims, Hance left a lasting legacy at the Grand Canyon, dying in 1919, the year the Grand Canyon became a National Park. Hance was the first person buried in what would become the Grand Canyon Pioneer Cemetery.

As Hance himself would once say, “I've got to tell stories to these people for their money; and if I don't tell it to them, who will? I can make these tenderfeet believe that a frog eats boiled eggs, and I'm going to do it; and I'm going to make 'em believe he carries it a mile to find a rock to crack it on."
351112183_745740370630913_1881164766786603334_n.jpg

I'm trying to do an inventory on my slightly excessive accumulation of scale model vehicles. I'm taking pictures of all of them so I can better organize them. This may take a few years.

An AEC Regent III RT London bus (1939, 1946-1956) made by EFE and an Aston Martin DB5 (1963-1965) in birch, both made by Oxford in 1/76.

Continuing with the British theme we have a Daimler (owned by Jaguar) DS 420 limousine (1969-1992) flanked by an Austin FX4 taxi (1958-1982) to the left and by an Austin FX3 (1948-1958) on the right. All models are in 1/76 scale and made by Oxford.

A closer look at the FX3

And a closer look at the FX4 in mostly silhouette

Last edited:
Back