Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

I picked one up. The Walmart in Mt. Airy NC has them on clearance. The purchased a ton and put them together and they didn't sell so now they are trying to get rid of them. They are on the Walmart APP for $275 but you can get them here assembled for $235. So if anyone is close by go check it out.View attachment 136847
The new "Blackstone" Noack testing machine? 😄

70F1F950-28DF-43DA-A823-BF94B4BF30D7.jpeg

Some random observations while I had to sit with the car idling for a while. 2009 Hyundai Accent 1.6L/5MT.

- Ambient temp is 41⁰F, windy.
- Intake air temps eventually got up to 143⁰F. (After taking these pics and while typing up this post.)
- Coolant temps ranging between 188⁰F-204⁰F, per thermostat OPEN-CLOSED cycles.
Considering the difference between ambient temp and intake air temp, it definitely makes sense why some manufacturers consider long idling a "Severe Service" item. Too bad this ScanGauge doesn't show me oil temperatures or pressure... That'd be fun to monitor too. May have to dig in the X-gauge settings...

Thermostat closes at this temp:
View attachment 135512
Thermostat opens at this temp:
View attachment 135513

Thats pretty high. You mean severe service for the air filter, right? Have you ever pulled one and seen any heat damage?

Back