Thread for photos that 100% do not violate any Terms Of Service, not political, not too lewd, no gas price pics etc.

benjamin-franklin-6491.jpg

I got a Blackstone Griddle and in the process of putting it together I put wind/heat shields on the sides. This will help keep the griddle hot and from heating the side shelves. Super easy, just got a 1"x 3' piece of aluminum angle and cut it in half. It was like the grill was made for that side since it fit perfectly. I attached it with self tapping stainless steel screws. I finished it up by painting it black. Once I get my hood hinges done I'll post them up. I broke two installing them. Not sure if it was because the lock nuts threads were messed up but the got really tight when putting them on, so when I tried to back off the snapped. Yes, my garage is a mess, I really need to clean it up.

IMG_2400.jpg
IMG_2396.jpg

ED308BEB-7758-420F-B551-35AF5A1934CD.jpeg

A picture of my truck taken on January 2nd. I drove it for the first time in ages last night when I put some gas in it for dad. I don’t believe him when he says he has been buying the mid grade gas he isn’t one to do that so I had to make sure it got the mid grade this time it’s all it can run on I don’t trust anything lower. I was finally able to source an engine air filter for it. There was some on RockAuto but the price of shipping is more than the filter so I found one through work from about 4 towns over at an Advance Auto and had it delivered to work for $17 and same day delivery still cheaper than it would of been on RockAuto. None of the auto parts stores in this town had one. Also got another oil filter and 10 oil drain plug gaskets from AutoPlus.

I like this image. It reminds me of one of the most beautiful and moving photographs I've ever encountered, which was a cover photo for a Japanese photo magazine around 1990-92. Your image is not even similar, but it has some elements that are quite like those in the image I saw, and so I am drawn into your picture. Thanks for posting it.

I like this image. It reminds me of one of the most beautiful and moving photographs I've ever encountered, which was a cover photo for a Japanese photo magazine around 1990-92. Your image is not even similar, but it has some elements that are quite like those in the image I saw, and so I am drawn into your picture. Thanks for posting it.
I am actually quite honored by your compliments.

First of all, currently I am a really lousy photographer.

I write currently, because back in the day with with my 35mm SLR I took some decent photos in HS I was on the Annual staff - good pics, took a couple years of classes, Etc. Won a couple small awards. Then life happened. 45 years later with a phone I can't compose a picture worth a darn seems like. Although this iPhone 14 is better than my Andriod phones.

I feel like getting a real camera again, thanks to you. I think. Hahhaha!

I am actually quite honored by your compliments.

First of all, currently I am a really lousy photographer.

I write currently, because back in the day with with my 35mm SLR I took some decent photos in HS I was on the Annual staff - good pics, took a couple years of classes, Etc. Won a couple small awards. Then life happened. 45 years later with a phone I can't compose a picture worth a darn seems like. Although this iPhone 14 is better than my Andriod phones.

I feel like getting a real camera again, thanks to you. I think. Hahhaha!
Many of the pics I post here, including all the food images, have been made with the Lumix DMC-LX7, a really small, easy-to-use, full-featured compact camera. I got the auxiliary viewfinder with it so you can view and compose just like a regular (D)SLR camera. The viewfinder flips up so you can also look down and compose for closeups and macro shots.
You can see how small the camera is compared to the AA battery.

1674799335762.jpeg

It has a fast (F/1.4) Leica Vario Summilux zoom lens and the image quality is quite good. I bought mine slightly used probably close to ten years ago. I bought it because I found myself taking a lot of family snaps, birthday parties, holiday gatherings, etc. It was so much easier to carry around compared to the much larger and heavier DSLR. All the images I took with it were destined for viewing online or via cellphone, so a smaller, easy-to-handle camera was nice to have. I love it, and will keep it until it's totally unusable.

I highly recommend something like this for someone wanting to move up from a cellphone and who might be reluctant to spend a lot of money for a full-featured DSLR and who may not want to lug around so big and heavy a camera. You might be surprised by how much your photography will improve with something like the Lumix.

Here's a comparison between the Lumix and my DSLR:

1674803594000.jpeg

Last edited:
Back