Thoughts on AC Pro ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Vikas
it should; as a matter of fact, the caps are supposed to seal shraeder valve leaks.

I think thats why it took so long to leak, but the cap seems to be worn out and it's made of plastic. For the life of me i can't seem to find a metal cap anywhere online or even find the exact specification for the oem thread size. I foune site that sid M8 x 1.00 MM but no hits on google with that search criteria.

I have never seen an R-134A cap that was made of metal, I have only seen plastic ones. Many A/C hard lines are made of bare aluminum, and the cap could seize to the hard line.

A cap is there to slow the normal loss of refrigerant, and helps stop slow leaks, but if the system is leaking rapidly, the cap can't stop the refrigerant from leaking out.

they also sell a nifty tool which can do "live" shraeder valve replacement on the A/C system without having to evacuate it. A good A/C shop should have it or you might be able to buy it.

they also sell a nifty tool which can do "live" shraeder valve replacement on the A/C system without having to evacuate it. A good A/C shop should have it or you might be able to buy it.

Last time I saw that tool, it cost $200.

It may be impractical for the OP if he only needs to do this job once or twice.

We have one of those at the shop where I work. Very cool tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back