This smells terrible......

Wow, a mixture of being inside a foundry and having someone insert a hot glue gun up your nose:

Sure doesnt smell like a forest.

1687966466642.jpg

I lived in Peoria IL for a few years. Today's smoky haze smells EXACTLY like Peoria!

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
Smells like burnt plastic around here.

I’ve been getting personal gas mask adds in my feed.
Claim to clear all smoke and odor giving you clean air

I'm in that purple blob over Illinois. Yesterday, it was a bit hazy... but it didn't smell. I rode the bicycle 10 miles, and didn't think much of it.

Last evening after work, it got worse. I drove a couple of miles in the pickup truck with my windows down, and when I got home... my eyes were burning.

Today, the air smells, and it is even hazier. I will not be riding the bicycle (or the motorcycle) today. No way. If we could only get some rain... which we haven't seen any for weeks now.

Rough ..... I know some of yall suffering this laser beam heat even up north. We are too down south. Last week we had the added bonus of every afternoon until about midnight these monster thunderstorms with baseball sized hail and for the added fun about midnight till noon one of the night/days we had no power since the storms put all kind of tree limbs across power lines. zaps the power. Ugh.... that is not good this time of year. I used to work in this heat and had to wear very hot n heavy fire proof clothing. These days I can barley step in shop or garage without being soaking wet in only minutes. Since I retired I am not conditioned to it anymore. Folks out in this heat need to be very careful and stay hydrated. I had a heat exhaustion spell once at work and had a co worker who got sick from the heat, thought he was ok and went home died in his bed. Doc said it was a heat stroke. Be careful if you must be in it.

Try growing up next to a coke (STEEL) quenching plant, mix in a little fly ash, then add the smells from a polymer production plant and you will approximate where I grew up.
This is not too big a deal IMO. Wear an N95...done.

Woke up with a splitting migraine yesterday. Never seen it this hazy before. Even the ~300ft from my house to the tree line is hazy.

Yesterday was worse. Just a white sky and couldn't see more than 3/4 of a mile. The sun is making it through today.

Woke up with a splitting migraine yesterday. Never seen it this hazy before. Even the ~300ft from my house to the tree line is hazy.
At least I don’t get that, everyone seems to have migraines lately

I’m usually the first to have massive congestion, this time it’s mild but I haven’t been able to sleep well in 3 weeks, my eyes are crusty every morning, start with some sneezing and breathing treatments for asthma.

Overall feel nauseous every morning and out of it
the whole time this has been going on.

Wow, a mixture of being inside a foundry and having someone insert a hot glue gun up your nose:

Sure doesnt smell like a forest.

View attachment 163785
That's a pretty good description. I was describing it as those factories that form things out of plastic pellets. There's a hint of burning plastic smell which I would say lends to what you're calling hot glue. I agree.

I lived in Peoria IL for a few years. Today's smoky haze smells EXACTLY like Peoria!
Yeah, that state stinks. I lived there for 18 years and was away from it for many years. I haven't been to Peoria in a long time, but I do make it into Chicago about twice a week these days which is twice a week too many for my liking.

Yeah, that state stinks. I lived there for 18 years and was away from it for many years. I haven't been to Peoria in a long time, but I do make it into Chicago about twice a week these days which is twice a week too many for my liking.
Not that Wisconsin doesn't have any stinky cities. Pretty much any town that has a paper plant...

Back