This smells terrible......

Not that Wisconsin doesn't have any stinky cities. Pretty much any town that has a paper plant...
Yeah, they're both big manufacturing areas. Here its the plastic pellets even more than paper and delivering them for the railroad I smell this constantly. I think that's why I picked it out so fast when I smelled the smoke.

Guess where I'm at in this picture hint I'm South and slightly West of Cleveland
Screenshot_20230628_140824_Chrome.jpg

I read in a story that being outside was similar to smoking 9 cigarettes.
I had just shared this on FB.

Poor kids can’t (shouldn’t) play outside…. You know how hard it is to keep my 7, 5, and 2 year olds and an almost 9 month old entertained when all they want to do is play baseball and ride their bikes? If I have to hear about the Xbox I had to take away 4 months ago one more time…

IMG_7906.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Pew
Once again, we have heavy haze even as far south as SW Ohio. Heavier than yesterday.
I cut grass yesterday after work and had the good fortune to discover a yellow jacket nest. My first hint was a burning in my left ankle. I took two Benadryl tablets and hoped for the best. I was okay and finished the grass I had planned on cutting minus a strip on the side of the driveway where I had discovered the little devils. Other than a really swollen right hand, where one of the flying storm troopers hit me, I am fine although I have had anaphylaxis from yellow jacket stings I did have an Epi pen at the ready in case things got bad and wifey came and checked on me every ten minutes or so.
Anyway, I am hopeful for the forecast rains to clear the air here.

We got up to 334 yesterday afternoon here in southeastern Wisconsin. It was really something, to me it smelled like trash burning.

Been terrible around here the last two days. Suppose to rain tonight. I finally closed up the house and turned ont he furnace fan with electronic
Smoke 62823.jpg
filter.

We're pushing an AQI of 300, and I just noticed that every new car dealer in town has parked all of their new inventory inside of the buildings for the night. This is unprecedented. I've never seen this behavior before, not even for the threat of hail or blizzard/ice storm.

I assume that they're concerned about what happens when this rubbish from Canada in the air, mixes with rain (we have rain in the forecast... finally), and lands on a new vehicle (something similar to acid rain?) Would have this been something that the manufacturers have advised them about?

In southern mid-Michigan it smells like burning trash also. The building in the middle is 1/2 mile from my driveway entrance:
Canada Air (2).jpg

Yesterday here the visibility was limited to one mile, really thick, and smelled like the burning of dry grass.

I was watching one of the European news channels today and they were showing poor air conditions in Spain due to the Canadian fires!

Once again, we have heavy haze even as far south as SW Ohio. Heavier than yesterday.
I cut grass yesterday after work and had the good fortune to discover a yellow jacket nest. My first hint was a burning in my left ankle. I took two Benadryl tablets and hoped for the best. I was okay and finished the grass I had planned on cutting minus a strip on the side of the driveway where I had discovered the little devils. Other than a really swollen right hand, where one of the flying storm troopers hit me, I am fine although I have had anaphylaxis from yellow jacket stings I did have an Epi pen at the ready in case things got bad and wifey came and checked on me every ten minutes or so.
Anyway, I am hopeful for the forecast rains to clear the air here.

I stepped on a nest of those little yellow B******** one time and they got me good! My revenge was to dump a cup full of gasoline down into their nest and then put hubcap over it and leave it for 24 hours. I never saw another one.

I stepped on a nest of those little yellow B******** one time and they got me good! My revenge was to dump a cup full of gasoline down into their nest and then put hubcap over it and leave it for 24 hours. I never saw another one.
They can really put the hurt on you.

Back