Thinking of changing oils

I ain’t no oil expert is why I’m asking y’all

5W and 0W represent cranking and pump-ability test at below zero. Most likely the temperature at which 0W-40 becomes thinner than 5W-30 will be below temperatures you experience in your climate.

From your post you change your own oil, and your wife makes a living in this car. You obviously have a bit of buyers remorse in the SuperTech.. so why not just give the car a special treat? Mobil 1 EP and a Fram Ultra.

Yes it costs 2X more, but you can change it every 10K

That's what I would do with your use cycle. if it makes you feel better they make an M1 EP HM as well. Saw some with the new 20,000 mi SP GF-6A packaging at my local Walmart. If you go that route pick up two 5 qt jugs and file for the $24 in rebates before the months out.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies everyone! I stuck to the same 5k mi. ST routine. Y’all are right, it’s been great to me this whole time. Why change if it’s easy and cheap enough. I may switch it up though between the “quieter oils” like Castrol’s.

Thanks for the replies everyone! I stuck to the same 5k mi. ST routine. Y’all are right, it’s been great to me this whole time. Why change if it’s easy and cheap enough. I may switch it up though between the “quieter oils” like Castrol’s.
M1EP HM has been the quietest oil so far in my loud AF Hyundai.

Back