They Got Me....Police Stop

He gets out of the car and walks up to my car and I see him caress the crease of the body panels and comes up to my door.
What beast was being driven that he couldn't keep his hands off of, lol.

20220430_195927_HDR.jpg

I’ve never been stopped and I have a led foot lol 😂. At least that’s what my parents say they can’t ever keep up with my V6 in their four cylinder lol. I actually have passed several cops on US 460 from Montgomery County to Roanoke County or on the way there it’s Roanoke County to Montgomery County and they never mess with me one time I looked at the speedometer on the straightaway and was going 70 in a 55 lol. I passed a state trooper coming down the hill the other day going 65 in a 55 maybe I do have a led foot lol. Easy to lose focus when you are looking at the road and all the beautiful mountains and are in a daze lol. I’ve never encountered a road check when driving either my parents have, I haven’t. My friend got a speeding ticket on his road by a county cop for going 30 in a 25 he was 300 feet from his driveway. His parents made him pay it and would not let him go to court over it. It just depends on the cop I guess. Maybe I need to bring you with me Jim lol then we have a double chance of getting out of a ticket LOL. I need to be careful though because if I get any kind of traffic infraction they can take away my ability to inspect cars.

I’ve never been stopped and I have a led foot lol 😂. At least that’s what my parents say they can’t ever keep up with my V6 in their four cylinder lol. I actually have passed several cops on US 460 from Montgomery County to Roanoke County or on the way there it’s Roanoke County to Montgomery County and they never mess with me one time I looked at the speedometer on the straightaway and was going 70 in a 55 lol. I passed a state trooper coming down the hill the other day going 65 in a 55 maybe I do have a led foot lol. Easy to lose focus when you are looking at the road and all the beautiful mountains and are in a daze lol. I’ve never encountered a road check when driving either my parents have, I haven’t. My friend got a speeding ticket on his road by a county cop for going 30 in a 25 he was 300 feet from his driveway. His parents made him pay it and would not let him go to court over it. It just depends on the cop I guess. Maybe I need to bring you with me Jim lol then we have a double chance of getting out of a ticket LOL. I need to be careful though because if I get any kind of traffic infraction they can take away my ability to inspect cars.
Yes be very careful.
Never do any of the above in Maryland...i have been to Roanoke and we were very much like that area but that was 40 years ago plus..Things do change.

Yes be very careful.
Never do any of the above in Maryland...i have been to Roanoke and we were very much like that area but that was 40 years ago plus..Things do change.
Yes I stay out of that state if possible lol I’ll be up around there in DC in July for my vacation to the Bureau of Engraving and Printing and Mount Vernon. Yet around here when you have an out headlight they will be on you like you just committed a big crime lol. My dad got pulled over if I remember correctly it was 2015 for a out tag light and we thought the whole squad was going to show up we had cops surrounding us. We had pulled out of a Mexican restaurant and they are like so how many drinks have you had? My dad said none in years sir we don’t do that we have kids and he is like oh ok well I stopped you because your tag light is out. Then he went back to his car all the other cars left and he gave my dad a warning. Sad you can’t go out to eat without being bugged lol.

Thats something I don't miss about the northeast. Predatory traffic stops, checkpoints, low speed limits, nonsense like that.

You don't really see speedtraps much down here. The only ones who do it are really little towns looking to add to their revenue stream.
I know most will disagree, and that's fine, but the lack of Texas Highway Patrol doing speed traps is why our highways are so dangerous, and insurance rates are so high, it's a free for all. Folks know that they can drive wrecklessly and there will be no consequences. And no, I'm not a Southpaw 😉 just a long time professional driver that has seen too many accidents because of the aggressive drivers we have here.

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything."
Thank you Dr. Gonzo

I did a rolling stop in front of a Hilliard, OH cop last year. Was pulled over, cop asked me "do you know why I pulled you over?" The first thing I stated is that I have a CCW and I'm not carrying and yes, I know I didn't come to a complete stop. He gave me a warning. I'm much better at coming to a complete stop now.

1/2 a lifetime ago when I worked 2nd shift, I took an antihistamine for ragweed at work and was very tired driving home when I got off. I was driving like I was drunk. I was pulled over and multiple cops showed up. After a sobriety test, A cop screamed in my face if I was drinking and I said no, I just got off work and I'm very tired. A cop took me home, left my car on the street several blocks from home and I didn't get a charge out of it. Technically I could have. I pretty much outgrew the allergy.

"Few people understand the psychology of dealing with a highway traffic cop. Your normal speeder will panic and immediately pull over to the side when he sees the big red light behind him ... and then he will start apologizing, begging for mercy.

This is wrong. It arouses contempt in the cop-heart. The thing to do – when you're running along about 100 or so and you suddenly find a red-flashing CHP-tracker on your tail – what you want to do then is accelerate. Never pull over with the first siren-howl. Mash it down and make the bastard chase you at speeds up to 120 all the way to the next exit. He will follow. But he won't know what to make of your blinker-signal that says you're about to turn right.

This is to let him know you're looking for a proper place to pull off and talk ... keep signaling and hope for an off-ramp, one of those uphill side-loops with a sign saying "Max Speed 25" ... and the trick, at this point, is to suddenly leave the freeway and take him into the chute at no less than 100 miles an hour.

He will lock his brakes about the same time you lock yours, but it will take him a moment to realize that he's about to make a 180-degree turn at this speed ... but you will be ready for it, braced for the Gs and the fast heel-toe work, and with any luck at all you will have come to a complete stop off the road at the top of the turn and be standing beside your automobile by the time he catches up.

He will not be reasonable at first ... but no matter. Let him calm down. He will want the first word. Let him have it. His brain will be in a turmoil: he may begin jabbering, or even pull his gun. Let him unwind; keep smiling. The idea is to show him that you were always in total control of yourself and your vehicle – while he lost control of everything."

Wait... what?

Only an idiot would run like that after they get your plate number ... maybe the car was stolen. Lucky nobody got killed in all the chaos.

The only question is ... were they running xW-20 ?? 😄

Only an idiot would run like that after they get your plate number ... maybe the car was stolen. Lucky nobody got killed in all the chaos.

The only question is ... were they running xW-20 ?? 😄

Yeah I wonder the same thing, I'm surprised the 300 SRT8 got away.

I wonder if they turn the AC off on those chases to go faster. And I'd bet they got some 10W-30 going in there, if not M1 0W-40 or 15W-50.........

Video seems to indicate they were acting "on a tip from a detective" so, that is a classic case of they got the plate of the car, not the driver. Unless the plate was stolen. But whoever that was, that day, appears to have gotten away.. presumably arrested later, although that is NOT a definite.

Yeah I wonder the same thing, I'm surprised the 300 SRT8 got away.

I wonder if they turn the AC off on those chases to go faster. And I'd bet they got some 10W-30 going in there, if not M1 0W-40 or 15W-50.........
I'm sure they got the dude's license plate number ... knock, knock ... you're going to jail and car is impounded.

Most AC systems will disengage the AC compressor when the RPM is above around 3000. Otherwise, possible AC blown system.

I'm sure they got the dude's license plate number ... knock, knock ... you're going to jail and car is impounded.

Most AC systems will disengage the AC compressor when the RPM is above around 3000. Otherwise, possible AC blown system.

I've always noticed slightly more sluggish throttle response and top speed when AC on vs AC off. I don't know. I know it is more load on the engine.

They say the larger the engine like those 6.4L boats (the SRT8 is one of my favorite cars, and I've only been in it once. I was hooked. The one I was in has mods, beyond stock) and you dont feel it as much, but, I have a hard time believing that. If its 100 degrees plus and the compressor is engaged, unless you're already force induced with a parasitic power loss.. the stock 300s are not force inducted... the chargers I think R/T is NA and some Chargers are Supercharged...

Arkansas State Police drive both very well as well as sometimes seemingly cutting it close with the public.. they don't seem to be doing 109MPH PITs anynore but they must have gotten faster cars...
300 SRT is beast even if discontinued https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2013-chrysler-300-srt8-first-test/

The reason modern AC systems cut-off the compressor clutch above a certain RPM isn't to give more power, but instead to prevent damage to the AC system. Can you imagine how the compressor electronic clutch would like engaging and disengaging rapidly while the engine was at 6000+ RPM ... it wouldn't be good for it.

Got lit up in the late 90s doing 69mph in a 40mph in a CRX Si. Told me he spilled his coffee and it was completely quiet til this happened. Visited for twenty minutes and told me unless I am a FAA pilot to keep the flying to the track. Haven't had a ticket since 1999; got hit up in Leavenworth going to prisoner visitation where Lansing and Leavenworth meet.

My days of getting a ticket are done.

I speed plenty.

It is how you do it... there is way to do it safely and there is a way to do it like a New Yorker unsafely.

Most recently, I thought I was going to get one. Had just left thinking I was going to get an opportunity and had to make time, big 4 or 5 lane highway. I let my speed get away from me, and was doing about 85 pushing 90,.. car must have been running good that day, long story. I did "blend in" with "medium" traffic, all doing 75 or 80. My car somewhat stands out but not majorly. Anyways.. I looked in my rearview and saw a Statie coming up rapidly, doing at least 90. Had that "Oh snat!" moment. Gradually applied brakes, very smoothly slowed to 75, then 70.. then 65, then 60.. pretty sure speed limit was about 55.. put my blinker on, one lane over... my lucky day, they had somewhere else to be and they move at 90MPH or better. So now I was 2 lanes over and at the speed limit or only a little over. The Statie probably had me on radar at the high speed of about 85.

They gave the brake pedal a long press about 5 seconds or so as they passed... Yes, Officer, your warning was heard loud and clear. Now let's wait for you to get where you need to go.

Had similar happen about a week later.. unmarked black car, Caprice I think (!) Just passed me like I was standing still, made out down the road at 100 plus. Acknowledgement of the authority will go a long way.

And we think we are being slick.. If they want you, they got you. It's all about if you're asking for it or not. Their decision.

Last edited:
I’ve definitely inherited my lead foot from my mother… she got clocked doing 95 in a 55 last year. She said the cop told her “I didn’t know these (1st gen Chrysler 200) could even go that fast!” Idk what Chrysler was thinking when they shoved the 283HP v6 under the hood of that car, but it can be pretty entertaining… It’ll spin the tires through 1st, a good chunk of 2nd, and chirp 3rd… just watch out for the MASSIVE amount of torque steer. I digress…

I’ve gotten one ticket, my wife has gotten me out of 2 others though 😅 There was also ALLEGEDLY an incident that involved an objectively poor decision to floor it, 16 year old me not wanting a ticket, a red Grand Caravan, and private security inside a gated community that acted like they were actual police (they did eventually get in a lot of trouble for that)… saw red and blue lights turn on, he tried to turn around, but by then I was back on public roads totally not doing 10mph over their ridiculously low speed limit like everyone else was inside the community.

I have gotten unwanted advances from a local cop when I got my new
2001 Dodge R/T coupe in 2002.

I didn't really want a white Dodge R/T "chick car" but I had to "emergency unload" a broken BMW and Dodge had giant rebates.

All he said was "Nice car. You know the limit is 45 on this stretch of route 125"

dodge.jpg

Back