They are after Paula Dean again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why all the constant black / white friction from the media ?

It's an obvious agenda to divide Americans against one another. The agenda comes straight from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. oh, and Al Sharptons office at MSLBGT(NBC)

100% spot on!

Did I click on the humor section? This is the most ridiculous thing I have read all day.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Who the he** is Paula Dean?

Just some old racist diabetic celebrity cookbook writer with a thing for butter and married men (probably not at the same time).

A few years ago a former employee filed a discrimination/sexual harassment lawsuit. Deen won the court case, but never really denied the accusations, using the "I grew up in the segregated South so it's totally cool" defense.

She also apparently had a habit of throwing plantation-themed parties and making black employees portray slaves

BTW, it's Paula DEEN.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AlienBug
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Who the he** is Paula Dean?

Just some old racist diabetic celebrity cookbook writer with a thing for butter and married men (probably not at the same time).

A few years ago a former employee filed a discrimination/sexual harassment lawsuit. Deen won the court case, but never really denied the accusations, using the "I grew up in the segregated South so it's totally cool" defense.

She also apparently had a habit of throwing plantation-themed parties and making black employees portray slaves

BTW, it's Paula DEEN.

Wow, I didn't know she won the court case. She could afford more expensive lawyers than the former employee.

Drew99GT,

CNN Money has weekly articles about whites versus blacks, how we are privileged and have it easy. I still visit just to see the ignorance of CNN and their writers.

BTW, I've been working since I was 15 years old and I'm white.

Why?

ted-danson-blackface-600x450.jpg

Originally Posted By: dishdude

It's an obvious agenda to divide Americans against one another. The agenda comes straight from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. oh, and Al Sharptons office at MSLBGT(NBC)

100% spot on!

Did I click on the humor section? This is the most ridiculous thing I have read all day.

Me too.

Just goes to show you, if you are a media darling, it's ok if you do it. But if you are not, there is another standard for your behavior.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Just goes to show you, if you are a media darling, it's ok if you do it. But if you are not, there is another standard for your behavior.

The mainstream media is so biased in this country I don't know how they have any reputation left. What sort of coverage a person gets depends on their political beliefs, their religious beliefs, their race and gender, etc.

I am a white guy and a Christian so I guess that means I go to the back of the bus. I think I kind of like it there. It is much better than up front where you have the elitists, the phonies, the hypocrites, the smart alecks and the know-it-alls.

If you don't agree with media its biased it seems.

I have heard FOX is biased then CNN is biased etc but defend away the media outlet they agree with.

Media puts out interesting to viewers story and spin nothing else. Why get mad about it. You just feed into what they want.

I can deal with bias because you can overcome bias by choosing many sources.

It's the double standards that I have a hard time with.

I.E. remove Dukes of Hazzard because of a flag on the car, but keep playing movies and shows with Ted Danson, well because it was 20+ years ago and he's really, really sorry?

Or my personal favorite, Dan Savage, allegedly anti-bullying, but when push comes to shove, he's quite the bully.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/05/01/dan-savage-apologizes-for-bullying-during-anti-bullying-speech/

He's probably still a media darling and not called out for his hypocrisy when his name is mentioned in the press.

Originally Posted By: rjundi

I have heard FOX is biased then CNN is biased etc but defend away the media outlet they agree with.

Media puts out interesting to viewers story and spin nothing else. Why get mad about it. You just feed into what they want.

Whenever I see people complaining about Paula Deen, I just say things like "So you haven't said anything offensive in your life?"

I'm sick of all this business about being offended, that I listen to comedians that say the most outrageous things.

You want to know how biased some guys are here at bobistheoilguy.com?

I don't care what news channel somebody watches. They can watch anything they care to watch. I watch Fox News. And oftentimes if I mention that I saw something on Fox News, I will be personally attacked or somebody here will start calling Fox News Faux News or something like that. You never hear me putting down whatever news channel somebody else watches. I don't care. I have a very low opinion of most of the mainstream news media but I could not possibly care less what news somebody decides to watch.

I don't care what news somebody else watches or listens to. But others will attack Fox News, the news channel I watch. Do they think they will stop me from watching Fox News by calling it Faux News? The last time I checked this was still a free country. I will watch whatever news I want to watch.

Double standards are simply the spin of what would interest viewers and incense others at the same time. Both lovers and haters watch/read media outlets.

100% spot on!

Absolutely.

Originally Posted By: Mystic

You want to know how biased some guys are here at bobistheoilguy.com?

I don't care what news channel somebody watches. They can watch anything they care to watch. I watch Fox News. And oftentimes if I mention that I saw something on Fox News, I will be personally attacked or somebody here will start calling Fox News Faux News or something like that. You never hear me putting down whatever news channel somebody else watches. I don't care. I have a very low opinion of most of the mainstream news media but I could not possibly care less what news somebody decides to watch.

I don't care what news somebody else watches or listens to. But others will attack Fox News, the news channel I watch. Do they think they will stop me from watching Fox News by calling it Faux News? The last time I checked this was still a free country. I will watch whatever news I want to watch.

Agreed.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Originally Posted By: javacontour

I am a white guy and a Christian so I guess that means I go to the back of the bus. I think I kind of like it there. It is much better than up front where you have the elitists, the phonies, the hypocrites, the smart alecks and the know-it-alls.

Of the governors in the US, 45 are white and 49 are Christian.

In Congress, 92% are Christian, including every single Republican since the last Jew, Eric Cantor, was cleansed from the ranks.

Every president we've ever had has been a member of some Christian denomination.

Christians are the only group in the country to have a religious celebration recognized as a national holiday. They also have their chosen deity enshrined on our currency and inserted into a pledge that school children recite every day.

But keep living out your oppression fantasy.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I love Paula Dean,she's awesome!! I hope she stands her ground and tells anyone who has a problem with her to either screw themselves or look the other way.

Exactly, NO ONE should cave in to this stupid PC B S...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back