They are after Paula Dean again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
Why all the constant black / white friction from the media ?

It's an obvious agenda to divide Americans against one another. The agenda comes straight from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. oh, and Al Sharptons office at MSLBGT(NBC)

100% spot on!

Did I click on the humor section? This is the most ridiculous thing I have read all day.

The truth can be very ridiculous at times...

Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel

Why even bother thinking about it, since it is nothing but a
figment of your imagination, nothing to see so lets move along now.
wink.gif
28.gif

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.
Smoky

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Drew99GT

It's an obvious agenda to divide Americans against one another. The agenda comes straight from 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. oh, and Al Sharptons office at MSLBGT(NBC)

100% spot on!

Did I click on the humor section? This is the most ridiculous thing I have read all day.

Why are you replying to me? Why don’t you reply to the guy that posted the original comment. You must like me or something. LOL

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Well, she will never change her stripes.

If she actually did change she would end up what they accuse her of being( i.e. racist )so I hope she stays the same nice lady she is now.

Originally Posted By: AlienBug
Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Who the he** is Paula Dean?

Just some old racist diabetic celebrity cookbook writer with a thing for butter and married men (probably not at the same time).

A few years ago a former employee filed a discrimination/sexual harassment lawsuit. Deen won the court case, but never really denied the accusations, using the "I grew up in the segregated South so it's totally cool" defense.

She also apparently had a habit of throwing plantation-themed parties and making black employees portray slaves

BTW, it's Paula DEEN.

Wow, I didn't know she won the court case. She could afford more expensive lawyers than the former employee.

Or she won because she didn't do anything.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

If she actually did change she would end up what they accuse her of being( i.e. racist )so I hope she stays the same nice lady she is now.

She is a racist, there is no question about that. And I do not think she is a racist in a harmless redneck way. She has done harm to people by making them dress up as slaves in her parties to entertain guests.

She is a racist, there is no question about that. And I do not think she is a racist in a harmless redneck way. She has done harm to people by making them dress up as slaves in her parties to entertain guests.

Wow!

I disagree 100% with you and will leave it at that.

Note to self: Posts like this reaffirm the reasons why I have better things to do than get myself worked up into a tizzy over anything the media has to say. I couldn't care less about Paula Dean (I didn't know who she was until now), couldn't care less about the yellow journalism that is passed off as news on both side of the media aisle, and couldn't care less about how Ms. Dean is being treated by the media.

If you really want to make a change, rather than work yourself into a froth over it on a rather meaningless Internet discussion forum, go out, get elected at a grass roots level and start making changes. Or continue to sit around on your computer and pretend that posting on a discussion forum will actually make a difference.

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorje
Who the he** is Paula Dean?

Just some old racist diabetic celebrity cookbook writer with a thing for butter and married men (probably not at the same time).

A few years ago a former employee filed a discrimination/sexual harassment lawsuit. Deen won the court case, but never really denied the accusations, using the "I grew up in the segregated South so it's totally cool" defense.

She also apparently had a habit of throwing plantation-themed parties and making black employees portray slaves

BTW, it's Paula DEEN.

Wow, I didn't know she won the court case. She could afford more expensive lawyers than the former employee.

Or she won because she didn't do anything.
Nothing like libeling someone third hand, eh? I love the use of "apparently" in the cheap shot.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Nothing like libeling someone third hand, eh? I love the use of "apparently" in the cheap shot.

Here's her sworn testimony, I wouldn't quite call it a cheap shot.

Lawyer: Do you recall using the words “really southern plantation wedding”?
Deen: Yes, I did say I would love for Bubba to experience a very southern style wedding, and we did that. We did that.
Lawyer: Okay. You would love for him to experience a southern style plantation wedding?
Deen: Yes.
Lawyer: That’s what you said?
Deen: Well, something like that, yes. And -–
Laywer: Okay. And is that when you went on to describe the experience you had at the restaurant in question?
Deen: Well, I don’t know. We were probably talking about the food or –- we would have been talking about something to do with service at the wedding, and –-
Lawyer: Is there any possibility, in your mind, that you slipped and used the word “n----r”?
Deen: No, because that’s not what these men were. They were professional black men doing a fabulous job.
Lawyer: Why did that make it a -– if you would have had servers like that, why would that have made it a really southern plantation wedding?
Deen: Well, it –- to me, of course I’m old but I ain’t that old, I didn’t live back in those days but I’ve seen the pictures, and the pictures that I’ve seen, that restaurant represented a certain era in America.
Lawyer: Okay.
Deen: And I was in the south when I went to this restaurant. It was located in the south.
Lawyer: Okay. What era in America are you referring to?
Deen: Well, I don’t know. After the Civil War, during the Civil War, before the Civil War.
Lawyer: Right. Back in an era where there were middle-aged black men waiting on white people.
Deen: Well, it was not only black men, it was black women.
Lawyer: Sure. And before the Civil War –- before the Civil War, those black men and women who were waiting on white people were slaves, right?
Deen: Yes, I would say that they were slaves.
Lawyer: Okay.
Deen: But I did not mean anything derogatory by saying that I loved their look and their professionalism.

No amount of apology or explanation will ever appease her critics.

Her good southern manners likely prevent her from telling her detractors to kiss her behind and mind their own business, but this is what needs to be done.

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Originally Posted By: javacontour
Just goes to show you, if you are a media darling, it's ok if you do it. But if you are not, there is another standard for your behavior.

I am a white guy and a Christian so I guess that means I go to the back of the bus. I think I kind of like it there. It is much better than up front where you have the elitists, the phonies, the hypocrites, the smart alecks and the know-it-alls.

Of the governors in the US, 45 are white and 49 are Christian.

In Congress, 92% are Christian, including every single Republican since the last Jew, Eric Cantor, was cleansed from the ranks.

Every president we've ever had has been a member of some Christian denomination.

Christians are the only group in the country to have a religious celebration recognized as a national holiday. They also have their chosen deity enshrined on our currency and inserted into a pledge that school children recite every day.

But keep living out your oppression fantasy.

All I can say is, apparently you have missed a lot that has been in the news. I can think of at least two professional art exhibits and art museums that had disgusting displays putting down Christianity. I can think of several examples where either the ACLU or other groups demanded the removal of crosses from military graveyards. There is example after example. You missed a lot.

But than again you probably don't care if Christians are opposed and ridiculed in the news media. How many Christians have been murdered in the Middle East?

You know nothing about me. I have been in Buddhist temples, in an Indian temple, in Greek Orthodox and Russian Orthodox churches, and in a Jewish Synagogue. You know nothing about me, and you never will.

Last edited:
Each year we hear of the "War on Christmas" - have we finally killed it? Nope. Just Faux-mongering.

10 Commandments posted outside courthouses. Still exist.

Separation of Church and State and Freedom of Speech is in our Constitution. So what is wrong with those things you brought up? People using the Constitution to "attack" your religion? The same Constitution that everyone points to when it comes to gun control? Which is it? Do you follow it, or not?

It is funny that you think you bother me with the Faux News trash talk. I find that hilarious.

Why do I watch Fox News? Well, they often cover stories that the other news media channels ignore. I like to hear all of the news.

I don't know what news channel you watch, or if you even watch any news at all. And I don't care. But you are really concerned about what I watch, aren't you?

You keep attacking me. It becomes more and more obvious to more and more people here all the time.

I have a feeling that in the end, people will prefer some sort of society with a moral code, rather than living in anarchy. As people have children they usually want for their children to live in a decent world.

By all means keep entertaining me with the Faux News trash talk. I love it.

Religion does not equal morality.

This is the same failed argument always made against removing Religion from society.

How many wars are/were fought based on Religion? You brought up Christians in the Middle East.

I say keep the morals, lose the Religion [in a governed society]. People can believe what they want, in their personal time/space. Don't mix it into governmental institutions.

I bring up Fox because its obvious that is what you're referring to in your posts. I don't care to attack you personally and do not mean to. I'm just providing a different viewpoint than yours. It truly isn't personal.

Fox is the only station where I hear of this war Christmas, war on Christianity. Yes Fox covers stories the other channels don't bother with because they aren't really news.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
Religion does not equal morality.

This is the same failed argument always made against removing Religion from society.

How many wars are/were fought based on Religion? You brought up Christians in the Middle East.

I say keep the morals, lose the Religion [in a governed society]. People can believe what they want, in their personal time/space. Don't mix it into governmental institutions.

I bring up Fox because its obvious that is what you're referring to in your posts. I don't care to attack you personally and do not mean to. I'm just providing a different viewpoint than yours. It truly isn't personal.

And who is bringing up religion when discussion of religion is not allowed at this website? I suppose you will manage to get this post locked up. And the post is about Paula Dean.

I don't care how much you hate religion. I will continue to believe in God myself. Both of us, all of us, will die someday. We will all find out if there is anything beyond eternal nothingness when we die. You can believe what you want, and I will believe what I want to believe in.

Fox is the only station where I hear of this war Christmas, war on Christianity. Yes Fox covers stories the other channels don't bother with because they aren't really news.

That is funny also. Because other news channels sometimes have discovered they eventually DO have to cover news stories that Fox has covered for quite a long time. It is sort of hard to bury important news that might be embarrassing to the powers that be. In any case, sooner or later, the historians will have the final word.

Sooner or later, the truth has a way of coming out. We might even live long enough to see that happen.

And who is bringing up religion when discussion of religion is not allowed at this website? I suppose you will manage to get this post locked up. And the post is about Paula Dean.

I would have to refer you to this post:

I am a white guy and a Christian so I guess that means I go to the back of the bus. I think I kind of like it there. It is much better than up front where you have the elitists, the phonies, the hypocrites, the smart alecks and the know-it-alls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back