They are after Paula Dean again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tell you what surfstar, I have no interest in discussing anything with you here. How about if you ignore me, because I certainly will ignore you.

I have better things to do with my time.

Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: Alfred_B
Well, she will never change her stripes.

If she actually did change she would end up what they accuse her of being( i.e. racist )so I hope she stays the same nice lady she is now.

She is a racist, there is no question about that. And I do not think she is a racist in a harmless redneck way. She has done harm to people by making them dress up as slaves in her parties to entertain guests.

I think you need to look up the definition of the word "racist"...

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Fox is the only station where I hear of this war Christmas, war on Christianity. Yes Fox covers stories the other channels don't bother with because they aren't really news.

The others don't cover the Christian/Christmas bashing because they approve of it, so to them it isn't news...

Hmmm, let's see doesn't look attractive and shows you how to cook fattening foods................no thanks.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Hmmm, let's see doesn't look attractive and shows you how to cook fattening foods................no thanks.

Everybody knows fattening foods are the best tasting...

Originally Posted By: grampi

Amen to that!! Low fat/fat free=low taste/taste free,yuck!

If I fly a Skull and Crossbones Flag does that make me a Pirate?
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: satinsilver

Fried chicken and watermelon.
crackmeup2.gif

We need to start throwing our money behind the "racists". I am sick of the thin skinned whiners. I bought my "Rebel" flag license plate. I think I ll buy my wife one of her cookbooks.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The vast majority of the people in this country don't have have a clue what a real racist is.

Are you talking about the institutional racism of our system, or are you talking about the skin heads?

The first one is invisible to those of us who are the beneficiaries of the system (how labor markets, the financial sector, the real estate industry, the educational system, the criminal justice complex, the military state, the corporate system, and capitalism more broadly work to deepen, maintain, and/or reduce racial oppression and inequality).

The second ones are the highly visible examples that we can assign the ills of racism to.

Separation of church and state is often misquoted from the constitution. The constitution states that government shall not establish a religion(paraphrased). The authors of this document were as a whole quite religous. The constitution was meant to protect freedom of religion from government interference, not to keep religion out of government. At the time the constitution was written, Christianity was the dominant religion in this country. I am not saying Christianity is superior to any other religion, but all religions follow certain principles of morality. You can say to keep morality but eliminate religion, but is it a coincidence that morality is based on the 10 commandments ? I think not, but we are all free to form our own opinions.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Note to self: Posts like this reaffirm the reasons why I have better things to do than get myself worked up into a tizzy over anything the media has to say. I couldn't care less about Paula Dean (I didn't know who she was until now), couldn't care less about the yellow journalism that is passed off as news on both side of the media aisle, and couldn't care less about how Ms. Dean is being treated by the media.

If you really want to make a change, rather than work yourself into a froth over it on a rather meaningless Internet discussion forum, go out, get elected at a grass roots level and start making changes. Or continue to sit around on your computer and pretend that posting on a discussion forum will actually make a difference.

QFT.

Originally Posted By: Trav
The vast majority of the people in this country don't have have a clue what a real racist is.
I thought a racist was a NASCAR driver,,,right?

Originally Posted By: PR1955
Separation of church and state is often misquoted from the constitution. The constitution states that government shall not establish a religion(paraphrased). The authors of this document were as a whole quite religous. The constitution was meant to protect freedom of religion from government interference, not to keep religion out of government. At the time the constitution was written, Christianity was the dominant religion in this country. I am not saying Christianity is superior to any other religion, but all religions follow certain principles of morality. You can say to keep morality but eliminate religion, but is it a coincidence that morality is based on the 10 commandments ? I think not, but we are all free to form our own opinions.

There were also quite a few atheists who wrote and signed those documents. Otherwise, we probably would have been established as a religious based country. "Establish", has been interpreted as "promote", which is why government must keep separate from religion. Mentioning of one religion can be seen as endorsement, so its best to sever all religion from our government. 10 Commandments at Court Houses, etc. You guys would go ape*&^t if that were a Quran, so its better to have nothing there instead.

Morality is not based on some made up piece of religious history. So you're saying that unless one believes or follows the 10 commandments, you do not have morals? And that morals did not exist before the commandments were "told"? The world would really be [censored] if that were true.

True on opinion forming. I choose to form mine from evidence and facts, though.

A few of those Constitutional authors were also slave owners, by the way. Luckily society [and morals] evolve over time.

No, that is not what I mean, and I apologize if it came across as such. I am not saying you must follow the commandments or believe to be moral-but show me one commandment (other than those referring to G** or sabbath) that can be broken without being somewhat immoral. Even for one who doesn't believe, these are at the very least guidelines of how we should conduct our lives. Is it moral to steal ?Kill? Disrespect parents ? If it makes you feel better, ignore the first 3 and call it the seven commandments. Or the seven suggestions. Whatever makes you happy. Even the quran promotes these same values. I do not believe government should promote a particular religion, but ALL major religions agree on certain princples of morality. Mine is right...for me. yours (or lack of, as you choose) is right for you. I don't bash other religions, or those who choose atheism. We all need to do what is right for ourselves and our beliefs. Just because you can't prove something soesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back