The South Will Kill You

Getting harder to pull that off with convenience stores starting at $15/hour …
Most are becoming more aware of the struggles … we now leave good tips for both waiters and cooks …

I rarely ever go out to eat.

But when I do I leave 30-50 percent tip.

Sometimes even more than that.

When I worked at the hospital in Newport news I would bring $30... Order a pizza and give what was left as a tip. Typically it was $10-13.

A really nice young fella told me on the phone that he was leaving Papa John's. And he told me that I was a legend around that Papa John's... I laughed... He was like, " nah man I'm serious... We know your voice and everyone fights to go to Mary immaculate hospital when we know it's you ordering".

That was kinda cool.

I rarely ever go out to eat.

But when I do I leave 30-50 percent tip.

Sometimes even more than that.

When I worked at the hospital in Newport news I would bring $30... Order a pizza and give what was left as a tip. Typically it was $10-13.

A really nice young fella told me on the phone that he was leaving Papa John's. And he told me that I was a legend around that Papa John's... I laughed... He was like, " nah man I'm serious... We know your voice and everyone fights to go to Mary immaculate hospital when we know it's you ordering".

That was kinda cool.
I go out about once every 6 weeks for lunch with a friend. We always make a point to put down way more of tip than we figure they expect.
Just trying to make someone's day who has to do that type of work and depend on a tip for part of their pay.

Oh yeah, Alabama is #3 with the most obese adults in the US. Shouldn't be a surprise that many of the top states are all in the south. The least is Colorado.

Back