The real reason why the US religious right supports Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.
The real reason is because they believe everything in the bible, and it says in Revelations that the END OF DAYS cannot happen if the state of Israel does not exist. Therefore, the US right wing MUST protect Israel in order to guarantee a jewish state so the END OF DAYS can occur, destroying the world and bringing about the second coming.

No ..its got nothing to do with that at all.

The Israelis are "needed" in the middle east. They are needed by the west ..and, oddly enough, are needed by Arab leaders.

Most of the fifdoms and monarchies in the middle east have ignorant populations ..and they keep them this way. Saudi Arabia, in spite of all those petro $$$ has a per capita income of around $3000 US per year. They don't allow any higher learning beyond Islamic studies (for men) and liberal arts (for women) and import all their "techs"..mean while they have thousands of princes dancing around the globe spending cash and driving fast cars (and screwing white women). They feed their populations a steady diet of "**** JEWS!!!!". The entire Muslim world is focused on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Egyptian, Syrian, Jordanian ..you name it ..they're all looking for the next episode of the neo-David and Goliath show ..except this time ..David is an Arab Muslim ..and Goliath is Israel ...backed by the world's only superpower.

How else could you explain our "limp wrist" leverage upon them for some of the lame crap that they pull? How else can you explain why rich Arab leaders could afford to build settlments where the Isrealis do ...before the Israelis do it? Heck, with just 1/10th of our military support for Israel we could house those people in the USA ...and in some Arab nation for much less.

The whole thing only makes sense if something far more valuable is in the balance if that conflict ends..either in gain or avoided costs.

Religion? Oh ..its an element for sure ..but it is mainly there to provide window dressing for the show.

[ March 23, 2004, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: Gary Allan ]

Hmm not a bad idea..

Maybe if we all read the bible properly Christians wouldn't have:

-Burned the Mayan libraries.
-Black slave trade in the Americas
-Inquistion
-Started more wars and killed more people than anyone else, in the name of God and Jesus.

Why is it so hard to believe that the typical American bible thumping right winger when he's not busy banning the teaching of evolution in various US states is not busy drumming up end of days support for Israel?

The real reason they are supported is that they are the only civilized society in the region. The rest of them are 900 years behind and it shows. We have much in common with Israel. We have nothing in common with the Arabs. Give it up Technarch, you are a useful idiot for the jihadi cause. You offer sympathy for terrorist kingpins (I've seen you do it twice), but are you willing to offer any sympathy next time one of these animals blows themselves up on a crowded bus full of children?

quote:

Why is it so hard to believe that the typical American bible thumping right winger when he's not busy banning the teaching of evolution in various US states is not busy drumming up end of days support for Israel?

It's not hard at all. He's being played like a fiddle too. I could just as easily replace him with some radical Mullah funded via the back door by Saudi Arabia and providing ignorant masses with "The Jew ..the Jew!!! He's the reason for your pathetic life!!!" See my point??

It's all part of a "neo-Pashion Play" for all of us to embrace and be consumed by.

It's all part of the show.

quote:

Originally posted by Technarch:
Hmm not a bad idea..

-Inquistion
-Started more wars and killed more people than anyone else, in the name of God and Jesus.

If you have a problem with the U.S., why don't you go elsewhere? There are plenty of message boards that are full of smug a-holes that will agree with all of the bigoted crap you are spewing.

Enough is enough. The topics in General are getting so out of line, sex, religion and politics will be banned on this board if we don't keep it simple. The general section has been out of line for some time. So let's lighten up, this is an oil board, not a liberal/right wing agenda board.

-

-

-

If you don't like the Right Wing christians running America, read this!

As you walk up the steps to the Capitol Building which houses the Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view ...
it is Moses and the Ten Commandments!

As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door. As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall right above where the Supreme Court judges sit a display of the Ten Commandments!

There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.

James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement...
"We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."

Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country, said ...
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians ... not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher ... whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.

Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.

Thomas Jefferson worried about that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law ...
an oligarchy the rule of few over many.

The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said ...
"Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."

How then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for 200 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional ?

Mainly because people come over here from other countries and get upset that thier religous 'commandments'are not inscribed there. Plus, there is the 'it's all about me' generation that cares not for history, just for what works for thier little whim. I have been all over the world, seen many different religions and 'norms', and I have never even thought about whining about why there weren't christian related items displayed along with that countries' mainstream religon items. I cannot recall what laws have actually hindered someones pursuit of Life, Liberty or Happiness because the ten commandments are displayed somewhere. It is the history and basis of our country. If you don't like it, leave or get over it.

quote:

Originally posted by 59 Vetteman:
Enough is enough. The topics in General are getting so out of line, sex, religion and politics will be banned on this board if we don't keep it simple. The general section has been out of line for some time. So let's lighten up, this is an oil board, not a liberal/right wing agenda board.

So how do I make it complicated and heavy to get this done as quickly as possible?

So who has chopped up an oil filter lately?

quote:

Originally posted by Technarch:
Hmm not a bad idea..

-Inquistion

Good point. I have challenged many knowledgeable Christians to give me book, chapter and verse where Jesus is lifting up his hand against another man. I despise the pictures of money changers fleeing an angry Jesus with a whip in his had. How many scribes and Pharisees did Jesus and the disciples slay? I believe God created the world, but not the 144 hour time table.

Remember, Christians are not perfect, just forgiven.

The first sign is a hoot.

As for the:

quote:

-Inquistion

I don't actually think true Christians did any of those things...but I agree they were evil. Now we have another religion doing evil. Let's stop them, all of us.

Technarch,

Watch it or we'll beam Triumph the Insult Comic Dog into your TVs and radios 24/7 and you'll have a national pants-pissing meltdown.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

quote:

I don't actually think true Christians did any of those things...but I agree they were evil. Now we have another religion doing evil. Let's stop them, all of us.

It's dangerous to paint with such a broad brush, Pablo. I would rather blame our current troubles on crazy Islamics ..then one whole crazy religion. Muslims worship the same GOD that you and I do (assuming that you're either Christain or Jewish). In fact I'd blame our current situation on power hungry Arabs who "use" Islam to achieve their goals ..much like many many of our Christian ancestors during the formation of The Church of England ..etc ..where wars were fought and millions slaughtered with the church's blessing.

The problem that we have is that we've changed much in the last 1000 years but the life of many Muslims hasn't. We've purged our politics of spiritual authority (I didn't say influence). Religion doesn't govern our nations ..just our souls. We're also quite rich in comparison to most Muslims. This poverty tends bond the populations and they look for spiritual relief from their despair (as they should) ..and that's when the corrupt radical (or well meaning for that matter) Mullahs give them someone to blame for their plight.

The Quran is very much like the Old Testiment. Very detailed ...very "law" oriented ..and just as harsh for disobedience to GOD (Allah).

quote:

We've purged our politics of spiritual authority (I didn't say influence). Religion doesn't govern our nations ..just our souls. [/QB]

Excellent point Gary. I think a lot of people miss this point when they discuss religion and politics. I for one am glad that our country has a Judeo Christian ethic influencing the way we go about things, but I shudder at the thought of some preacher, minister, or church having any real political authority.

Modern Islam is a perfect case study of what happens when religion and politics mix. I can't think of a single Islamic state taht I would want to live under.

As an atheist, probably no surprise to anyone here, I do not want to see anybodys religion or religious ideas purged from any part of society. I have seen both deep religious thinkers and debased religious thinkers. The concept of separation of church and state does intend to eliminate religious influence from government, it's purpose is to ensure that all thought is respected and allowed to contribute to our society, even non religious thought. Muslim countries today represent what can happen when there is no separation of church and state. I watch Christian TV programs and there is a clear belief that what Technarch said in his original post is true. The problem is that that belief does not help create a positive influence that helps solve the Middle East problems. It adds gasoline. The solutions will not be religious, they will be secular.

Dispenstional premilleniallism takes the physical state of Israel and elevates it to a place of prominence given (I believe) to the true Israel of God of the New Testament - spirit-filled believers in Christ from all nations tribes and tongues.

When this happens (the state of Israel being confused for the spiritual Israel) all kinds of prophecy is misinterpreted.

Dispensational premilleniallism is very popular in the U.S. among evangelicals (witness the popularity of the "Left Behind" series). Technarch's premise is largely correct, but the cause he states is not. He is misinterpreting someone else's misinterpretation
grin.gif
grin.gif

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back