The Priciples of Macroeconomics Course

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone

As a requirement for my Assoicate of Arts Degree and the requirements for the Dental Hygiene program at Midwestern State University, I will need to take this course. I would like to know what this couse involves and how difficult is the course load in general. Thanks!

It's been a while since I had this course *cough 20 years, cough cough* but I do seem to recall that macro was easier for me to absorb than micro was.

Ok, so now in a dental hygiene program you're required economics on top of statistics.

What's either of these have to do with cleaning teeth? Sheesh.

Anyone with average intelligence, reasonable study habits, and a general desire to succeed will not have a problem with this class.

In other words, you'll most likely do fine if you do the work required.

DigitalSniperX1,

I actuall have no real clue what these courses have to do with Dental Hygiene but they are core requirements for the Dental Hygiene (Bachelor of Science)at Midwestern State Uinversity.

Not really required but i recommend it for better understanding of how you can take care of your own investment decision, and avoid stupid mistakes that many investors make.

Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
Hello everyone

As a requirement for my Assoicate of Arts Degree and the requirements for the Dental Hygiene program at Midwestern State University, I will need to take this course. I would like to know what this couse involves and how difficult is the course load in general. Thanks!

It will most probably cover the supply and demand curves, the types of markets and the behavior of the entities in those markets. You will probably learn how the GDP and GNP are calculated.

It may also cover employment rates, cyclical growth/contraction and the fiscal and monetary policy tools used to dampen their effects. it may also cover the current account and foreign trade.

Overall, macroeconomics is a great course and in my opinion should be a requirement for any college degree.

I found corporate finance to be more beneficial than a basic econ class. The basic econ courses I took explain everything as if you are going to be a economist..."Aggregate demand goes up because the chart slides to the right..." kind of stuff. "Guns or Butter...Guns or Butter..." In a basic course they should explain everything in a basic way that a layperson can use.

i had to take this exact course as pre-pharmacy course work; the teacher was from Vietnam, with a not-so-easy to understand accent but she was smart and tough - it involved a lot of studying, but once you get the principals down, easy enough to apply.

I ended up with an "A", but i had to work for it. I found it interesting, though.

Originally Posted By: tom slick
I found corporate finance to be more beneficial than a basic econ class. The basic econ courses I took explain everything as if you are going to be a economist..."Aggregate demand goes up because the chart slides to the right..." kind of stuff. "Guns or Butter...Guns or Butter..." In a basic course they should explain everything in a basic way that a layperson can use.

Possibly one reason for taking a wide variety of courses is in order understand all the junk you need to. If you don't understand the jargon, how can you sort out the garbage somebody is trying to indoctrinate you with.

Macroeconomics isn't too bad. It covers basic economic concepts with a broad view (it doesn't focus on individual companies and such, that's micro). Most of the concepts like supply and demand are not too difficult to get.

Originally Posted By: CharlieJ
If you do not already know, you can go here: http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/ to read opinions on your instructors.

In my experience ratemyprofessors.com has been fairly accurate, you just have to keep in mind that it's often one sided, and college students like to complain a lot.

Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
Hello everyone

Awww....wichita falls, what fond memories....
crackmeup2.gif
I have not yet taken this course so I can't help with what the course load is like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back