The Honda mower recall

I've never owned a Honda mower, just old Briggs & Strattons.. and never took them apart. So I wasn't aware they were using plastic engine parts 😲 I'm glad I didn't know lol. But thanks for letting me know that 😉 I have to say I've never had an old mower die, so I guess they were doing something right 👍

But it's not really the fact they're using plastic in the mower engines that bothers me... that just triggered me lol, it's the fact they're using plastic in our modern car engines that really grinds my plastic gears. I'm currently replacing a cracked plastic radiator in a Lexus with 86k miles on it. A well maintained metal radiator most likely would have lasted the life of the car.

I'm also replacing a cracked plastic intake manifold on a mustang with 80k miles... a metal manifold would have lasted forever.

Honestly I'm just sick of all the disposable plastic they're putting in places they shouldn't be, like engines. Especially my car engines. Very frustrating when you have plastic under the hood where metal should be, because the companies want to cheap out and we end up paying the price literally 🤬

Okay rant over 😁😉
The rant is not over, ok so we have plastic and have to live with it now. What the rant is about is the OEM's "will" discontinue these high fail parts and make the entire piece of equipment useless. I have a a personal black list of manufactures i will refuse to buy from.

Back