The hard day has come but the suffering has ended

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that knew the battle my dad had with cancer these past 7 years and the long fight he put up, I just wanted to let you know that he passed peacefully yesterday afternoon in his sleep.

While I thought that the 7 years watching him deteriorate would help prepare me for the day yesterday, it was a super hard day.

I'm happy he isn't suffering any longer but there is a giant hole in my heart and huge shoes to fill because we was such a great man, an amazing father, a great teacher to all those around him and a mentor to so many as I've learned talking to all his friends and family in the past 24 hours.

Thanks to everyone that kept in touch with me over the years and all the PM's I received asking me how he was doing.

Take care,

Steve
Sorry to hear this. Sounds like you had a great relationship, and were a wonderful son! Focus on the years before, the day he passed away is a day to forget. Too many other important memories other than his last day.

Sorry for your loss, been about a year since we lost Dad after a very prolonged and difficult struggle, Parkinsons. You do not get over it, but you will get through it and they are at peace. Be well.

Sorry to hear, hope it gets easier as time helps to heal. Best wishes and prayers sent.

Back