The hard day has come but the suffering has ended

Sorry for your loss, bud.

My dad's getting up there in age and his health is slipping.
Just a matter of time as his mobility is becoming more and more limited.

...really makes you appreciate those around you.

Thank you for the kind words everyone and the prayers. It's greatly appreciated.

Once I've got my mum in a good place / head-space, I'll be back here a little more often because I miss the community.

It was just hard to help my mom care for my dad outside of work and still find time for much else without neglecting my spouse and other obligations like vehicle maintenance. LOL

Cheers everyone.

So sorry for you loss Steve. Our thoughts & prayers go out to you & your family. Your father can now rest with the LORD.
We're never ready to loose a loved one, no matter how long we ready ourselves.
I lost my dad 22 yrs ago this month(11-9-99) and he's still in my heart. Like your dad, my father was a great man. A great father & husband, neighbor, friend to many and a good teacher who was loved by all.
When he passed away and people came to pay their respects at the viewing, the line was out the door.

CB

My sincerest condolences @StevieC. Having gone through the same with my Pop in 2017, you are not alone my friend. It's hard at times so you're always welcome to reach out. May your dad rest peacefully.

My father had cancer and the day after his 48th birthday and after two rounds of chemo and radiation he got out of bed and had a DVT and died nearly instantly. My sister went to bed one night and had heart attack in the middle of the night at 44. My father-in-law was diagnosed with lung cancer in July 2021 and passed Dec 14, 2021. My grandfather, much like your father, had a longer more drawn-out fight with cancer that took 6 years.

Having lived through very quick, kind of quick, and not so quick all I can say is while there are some very weak positives to all three (no suffering vs the ability prepare and say goodbye) in the end they all suck.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Back