The hard day has come but the suffering has ended

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that knew the battle my dad had with cancer these past 7 years and the long fight he put up, I just wanted to let you know that he passed peacefully yesterday afternoon in his sleep.

While I thought that the 7 years watching him deteriorate would help prepare me for the day yesterday, it was a super hard day.

I'm happy he isn't suffering any longer but there is a giant hole in my heart and huge shoes to fill because we was such a great man, an amazing father, a great teacher to all those around him and a mentor to so many as I've learned talking to all his friends and family in the past 24 hours.

Thanks to everyone that kept in touch with me over the years and all the PM's I received asking me how he was doing.

Take care,

Steve

Sorry to hear the news, Steve.

My dad is in his 80s, and has already had a tumor from his liver removed. I was not looking forward to walking that journey with him, although I know this is a possibility in the future. I know it won't be easy.

You'll be in my prayers.

Thank you,

I Just wanted to share and figured it was easier to post it here than try to remember everyone that sent me messages in the past.

From my family to yours, you have our deepest condolences for this tremendous loss. While words won't stop the pain, know that we are all thinking of you and at least, as you've indicated, his suffering has finally come to an end.

Hugs from all of us to you and yours.

Hi Everyone,

For those of you that knew the battle my dad had with cancer these past 7 years and the long fight he put up, I just wanted to let you know that he passed peacefully yesterday afternoon in his sleep.

While I thought that the 7 years watching him deteriorate would help prepare me for the day yesterday, it was a super hard day.

I'm happy he isn't suffering any longer but there is a giant hole in my heart and huge shoes to fill because we was such a great man, an amazing father, a great teacher to all those around him and a mentor to so many as I've learned talking to all his friends and family in the past 24 hours.

Thanks to everyone that kept in touch with me over the years and all the PM's I received asking me how he was doing.

Take care,

Steve
God Bless you and family. My father travelled a similar path of 9 years fighting lymphoma. I feel for you and your loss. Each day you will realize his pain & burden are done. Its been 12 years for us and you will find your grief will be replaced with all the great memories of him over time.
Take care

Very sorry for your loss. It was just yesterday when I was looking through an older post that you participated in quite a bit. I remember you saying your dad had been sick, but I was wondering what was going on since I hadn't seen any posts or comments from you. Was debating today on whether or not to message you and see if you are okay.

Losing a parent is very tough, especially when they were a great one. I lost my mom 7 years ago and to this day, I still sometimes wonder what she would think about this or that. You may no longer have that parent around, but you will always think about them. I imagine thinking of your dad will bring a smile to your face, keep those great memories in mind when things get tough. My deepest sympathies to you and your family in this great big loss.

If you ever need some cheering up, just make sure to come here and post something to get all of us going. Pretty sure we all enjoy your posts and discussions either way.

Hi Everyone,

Take care,

Steve
I'm sure he just wants you to be your own man and be the best man that you can be. We can never really hope to fill our hero's shoes. Be thankful he was your Dad and you had an unbreakable Father and son bond. Sorry for your loss Stevie.

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers Stevie. We're all one big family here, and even though we all only know each other through the BITOG computer screen, we really all do genuinely care about each other here. The heartbreak of losing your parents will never go away. Both of mine have been gone for a very long time, and I still think about them and miss them every single day.

God bless you and your beautiful family Stevie.

Sorry for your loss, I take for granted that my parents are today healthy and alive, but I too am always worried that one day this too will happen to them.

Hi Everyone,

Take care,

Steve
Prayers for you and your family. Your dad's suffering is over and he can now rest. May peace come to you in short time.

Back