The "Future Custom" is here, and its called Sportster S

The standard was the "bronx" and it got cancelled...

I don't think that is the girl at 0:13 the girl has on leathers pants. I don't think she's particularly tiny either. It is taller than a Super Low (which is bad for the sportster market).

They had to do something though because the evolution apparently won't pass euro5.

Unfortunately, most M/C exhaust systems are chunky, due the emissions regs they must meet.

I'm contemplating taking the stock exhaust off the newest bike, as it is a ridiculously heavy boat anchor. On the other hand, being quiet makes it stealthy. :sneaky:
Been places they tolerate the ninja types street blasting in the hours after midnight …
I thought the Saturday morning Italian cars were loud in MEL until this gang …
Maybe I could hide in a bush and offer up that muffler 😏

Sportsters are minibikes for Adults. that being said ,, I really the Roadster link to HD website To the point of almost buying on and there is/was a company that makes fiberglass tanks and seats replicas of the Harley Cafe racer ,link to the replica seat and tank . I like the looks ever since I saw the first one back in the late 1970s. I came close to buying one but my son said dad you are an idiot ,, yes I am.

I rode the Pan America and it sounds like a sewing machine not a Harley. This will also sound like
a sewing machine, and the minimal suspension travel isn't for me unless it rides as good as my Road King. I assume other future models will have more travel. I can understand why HD is bringing out a new motor and it's seems to be a good one. I think it should be for an entirely new line of bikes. But to replace the 45 degree v-twin? It can't. For the life of me I don't know why HD can't water cool a 45 degree v-twin. It can be a totally new design, but it should be a large bore long stroke motor that produces large torque at low rpm's.That is what a cruiser and touring bike should have. It will sound like a Harley too. That's what sells.

This would give HD 2 lines of motorcycles. The 45 degree cruisers/touring bikes that retain the traditional characteristics that Harley engines for decades have had. The new motor would give them a performance line. Note to HD.......for a fee I can be a consultant. :)

I have no doubt that H-D has the technical engineering ability to completely water cool the 45* V motor. Hell, they likely have one ready to go. But $$ and a multi line likely costs too much. When emissions get too stringent, you can bet they'll be ready..

Back