The Fram Pro's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daman
On a side note I'd like to know the diff between the Ultra and the pro?
crazy.gif

They're the same filter except the Ultra has the sure grip surface

Originally Posted By: car51
I thought FRAM Pro was a e core filter??

Theres the Fram Core. Like what Walmart TLE uses.

Motorking (the Fram rep here) said that the Pro series is going through a change.
The new Fram Pro is an Extra Guard, the Fram Pro Synthetic is the Ultra.

Originally Posted By: Motorking
Let me clear this up. The FRAM Pro line has been consolidated to two filters. The white can is currently an Ecore but is quickly being transitioned to a FRAM EG internally. The Gold can is a Ultra. Previously, the white can was ecore, the orange can was a TG and gold was (and still is) Ultra. FRAM is moving all FRAM branded products away from Ecore to to the severance of Champion Labs from FRAM. Now that said, the whining by Hyundai about issues is [censored]. They have had oiling issues and they are very aware of it. Hyundai dealers regularly break Magnussun Moss warranty act by intimidating car owners into thinking they cannot use aftermarket filters. FRAM has no issues being used on Hyundai cars at all.

From Here

Question are these:
1) where to get the Pro series easily?
2) how will pricing compare/contrast to W/M typical gripped-Fram versions?
I cannot really complain about how easy it is to walk into any WM and get a TG for $5-6 ...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Question are these:
I cannot really complain about how easy it is to walk into any WM and get a TG for $5-6 ...

Seems most guy here get them on ebay in a case of 6 filters which makes them somewhat cheaper than buying them at Walmart.

Originally Posted By: dnewton3
Question are these:

You get them by the case of 6 on eBay for about $35-40 depending on the part number. Ends up being about $6 each, so you're getting an Ultra for the price of a TG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back