The Dukes of Hazzard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone else like this show? I remember watching it back when it originally aired Friday nights around the early 80's. I think it was one of the best shows and somewhat underrated. It's a great family show with humor, interesting story lines and characters, plus cool cars and stunts. CMT aires the episodes now.

I know what you mean. In the early 80's the show was a top ten hit. They wouldn't dream of making a TV show like it now despite it really being a wholesome show with good values because of the car. A lot has changed in barely over 15 years.

It was legendary when I was a kid.

I was going to paint my E30 Orange with a Confederate Flag late last year just for laughs (after JHZR2's roller rust paint thread, and the dude with the roller painted charger).

It was on in Oz around the same time as showing in the states.

I was seriously Pizzzed when I found out how many Chargers were junked in the stunt scenes...Still, Mad Max wrecked a far few far rarer cars.

Some of the plots are a little contrived.

There was an episode where the boys were giving Waylon Jennings a ride and they ran into two "toughs". They got in a fist fight while Waylon hid off to the side. As narrator he mentioned "I would have helped them but hurt my guitar playing hand."

We haven't had one-dimensional "toughs" since Walker Texas Ranger left the airwaves.
lol.gif

Or the boys are stuck driving Jesse's truck because the General Lee was in the shop, and are faced with a situation that was easily solvable if only they had their car.

But, hey, TV is meant for escapism. Not everything has to make sense.

Knight Rider and A-team followed a similar vein... dumb but fun. Help a damsel in distress, etc.

Loved the original and thought they movie was funny. One of my favorite shows growing up!

Originally Posted By: Shannow
(after JHZR2's roller rust paint thread,

About now, JHZR2 is saying "you think I would do THAT"??

and el jefino is saying "why isn't he giving credit where it is deserved"?.....

grin2.gif

That show was on Fridays. Perfect time for that show. After a hard week of work one could relax to a mindless show with cars flying through the air. And if you still couldn't follow the plot, there was a narrator who chimed in and told you what's going on.

That car and show was awesome. I used to have a huge vintage confederate flag that belonged to my grandfather (I have no idea why) but I traded it for a vintage Russian officers cap to a friend of mine (I am trying to collect WWII era stuff).

They were playing it on CMT in the late 90's, that's when I was watching it.

I liked that show when I was younger. It's still mindless fun now when nothing else is on, and the plot is not hokey.

Loved watching it when TNN, when it was great country station had re runs of it played. I loved that and THE WALTONS. Anyone here know what 2 states currently have "THE STARS AND BARS" on their state flag?

Adam

Originally Posted By: Kestas
That show was on Fridays. Perfect time for that show. After a hard week of work one could relax to a mindless show with cars flying through the air. And if you still couldn't follow the plot, there was a narrator who chimed in and told you what's going on.

I know, Friday nights was a perfect time for that show. Although in my case when it originally aired I was still in school, so after a hard day of school lol. I remember every Friday my dad would bring home his paycheck, an actual paper one. My mom would take us kids and the only vehicle into town and deposit paycheck in the bank, do the week's grocery shopping, fill up the gas tank and come back home. A little later the show would come on. I could relate to all the dirt roads in the show since at the time we we're living in the country and a mile down a dirt road.

btw I'm watching the show right now on CMT lol.

Last edited:
I don't think the confederate flag is such a big deal but in this current era no network would take the chance of lampooning police officers, not even obviously (and comically) crooked ones. Or moonshining for that matter; the tv series was based on a 1975 moonshining movie that was still part of the counterculture movement.

32.gif
Proud of "Top Gear America" for building junk cars into moonshine runners.
34.gif

Just 2 good ole boys, never meanin' no harm, beats all you ever saw been in trouble with the law since the day they was born.....straightenin' the curves, flattenin' the hills..someday the mountain might get 'em but the law never will.....makin' their way....the only way they know how...but that's just a little bit more than the law will allow...just 2 good ole boys...wouldn't change if they could....fightin' the system like a 2 modern day Robin Hood...

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Haaaawwwwwwwwww!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back