The continuation of being dumped on in Restaurants needs to end.

I can. My good friend was a waiter at a high-end restaurant...I recall his best night (and this was almost 20 years ago) was $1600 in tips.
You can make good money. An attractive ski friend used to pull nearly six figures as waitress at ski mountain popular bar/restaurant and in summer high end Ogunquit Maine restaurant.

Pandemic was the best thing for her. She took computer courses and became a IT developer. I think many shuddered workers moved onto better jobs and career paths. So we have a large void of people to backfill the jobs.

You can make good money. An attractive ski friend used to pull nearly six figures as waitress at ski mountain popular bar/restaurant and in summer high end Ogunquit Maine restaurant.

Pandemic was the best thing for her. She took computer courses and became a IT developer. I think many shuddered workers moved onto better jobs and career paths. So we have a large void of people to backfill the jobs.

Yep. Motivated folks will do good no matter what problems are happening.

I was in Texas a few weeks ago and I saw about 25 cars in line for Dutch Bros Coffee.

Is that coffee really that good ?
We have a couple Scooters here and in my opinion no it's not worth $4 for a cup of black coffee and if you get a fufu drink it can be upwards of $7+, Dutch Bros may be different though, never been to one.

The lines are so bad that people think it's ok to extend the line out into the street and block traffic, in their defense I guess they haven't had their coffee yet.

Last edited:
New restaurants in area’s where their never were are always madhouses when they open up. I live in the Portland, OR area and when Krispy Kreme, Sonic, Chick-fil-A came here, the traffic was crazy. You’re lucky to see one car in the Krispy Kreme parking lot these days. By the way, Dutch Bro’s are from Oregon and it taste just like every other coffee out there.

New chain = shiny new object.

Been to KK lately, the prices are just insane and their parking lots are empty. Here it is $1.59 for a plain glazed. Never will I pay that for 210 empty calories. I quit donuts when they passed 99¢

Went to a What-a-Burger after the hoopla. It was decent and I got out for less than $10

Been to KK lately, the prices are just insane and their parking lots are empty. Here it is $1.59 for a plain glazed. Never will I pay that for 210 empty calories. I quit donuts when they passed 99¢

Went to a What-a-Burger after the hoopla. It was decent and I got out for less than $10

Yep and add to the fact that they are mostly air.

I was in Texas a few weeks ago and I saw about 25 cars in line for Dutch Bros Coffee.

Is that coffee really that good ?
I was wondering that very same thing. What can possibly motivate someone to leave the comfort of their own home, to relax and have a good cup of coffee, to going and waiting in some huge line just to get a cup of coffee? Maybe it’s just me, but I enjoy my mornings off when I can just chill, relax, and enjoy my coffee at home without having to get dressed, drive someplace, and sit in a super long line.

Plus I’d imagine donuts are just poison polished up to look “pretty”. There is absolutely no way those things are good for you.

Everything in moderation. The good old plain cake donuts can’t be beat when having a nice cup of coffee.

KK donuts have a ton of air pockets. That’s why they can squish down almost flat if you press on them. A cake donut is dense and flavorful.

I was wondering that very same thing. What can possibly motivate someone to leave the comfort of their own home, to relax and have a good cup of coffee, to going and waiting in some huge line just to get a cup of coffee? Maybe it’s just me, but I enjoy my mornings off when I can just chill, relax, and enjoy my coffee at home without having to get dressed, drive someplace, and sit in a super long line.
I'm with you and spend approximately $0/month on coffee while out, but most of these folks in line are there for the specialty drinks that they can't easily make at home. I still think it's insane for the lines, time, and cost that people endure for it all but it's become the thing.

Everything in moderation. The good old plain cake donuts can’t be beat when having a nice cup of coffee.

KK donuts have a ton of air pockets. That’s why they can squish down almost flat if you press on them. A cake donut is dense and flavorful.
Don't get me wrong, KK's are OMG AWESOME if they are warmed for 8 seconds in the microwave. I used to eat 6-8 a year, so not too terribly many. So little product for so much money. I remember less than 7 years ago on Fridays you could get a dozen for $4 and a warm freebie for everyone in the car.

This would be interesting to do the math on. Hours worked in a week/number of tables serviced/average cost of meal. Until then I'm highly skeptical.

+ 10000000

Interesting observation! I remember buying my brother and I donuts and chocolate milk back in the day when I'd drive him to school, and then me to school (I was probably in the 11th grade). They were amazing and squishy! We'd leave early enough to where we could guy buy our fave donuts, sit in the car someplace and eat them, then drop him off at school, and then drive myself to school.

Interesting observation! I remember buying my brother and I donuts and chocolate milk back in the day when I'd drive him to school, and then me to school (I was probably in the 11th grade). They were amazing and squishy! We'd leave early enough to where we could guy buy our fave donuts, sit in the car someplace and eat them, then drop him off at school, and then drive myself to school.
Many attempts to make brains that squishy lately 👀 LoL

Back when I could eat such wonderful things I bought maple bars. I couldn’t eat them fast enough.

Back when I could eat such wonderful things I bought maple bars. I couldn’t eat them fast enough.
My fave was cherry filled. And I remember the building was ancient and one step from falling down, the fryer was definitely good and seasoned over the years, and the whole staff including the cooks were little old ladies. Those doughnuts were awesome!:D 😋

I'm with you, brunch is a big thing around here and I don't get it. My breakfast at home might be boring and the same thing each morning (2 scrambled eggs and berries) but it gets the job done.

It ruined the weak ones or ones not well suited for delivery/take out. Majority survived in Portsmouth NH near me although not easy.
No, it ruined the ones who had $100,000 worth of booze they had to pay for. My neighbor got crushed...his single biggest moneymaker (March Madness) was cancelled, he was closed down, he was sitting on a massive delivery of beer, liquor, and food he could not sell but was on the hook for. He tried take-out...gave up after a few weeks because he was losing money. He was shut down in March and dead seven months later.

Back