The continuation of being dumped on in Restaurants needs to end.

I find IHOP to be absolutely nasty.
Thought I saw something that said IHOP was the least trusted (whatever that meant) restaurant of any sort of national brand.

I can’t say I’ve been in one since the early 90s.

I don’t intend to now.

I’m lucky to live in a town well renowned for independent restaurants. One that people come from all over to eat at. I travel a lot for work and pleasure. I rarely will eat at any sort of a chain.

The race to the bottom with low prices in food is no different than other commodities. Get that low price and something has to slip… quite possibly in the quality of employees and food.

Once in a while I’ll get an iced tea at Dunkin’ Donuts if I’m away from home. Every single one in the last while no longer has lemons. That’s an offset to inflation I suspect. So is lower quality service at restaurants.

I would never go to IHOP, there are so many really good mom-and-pop diners around here. The hub IHOP closed here long ago (in Orchard Park not far from where the Bills play) and is now a Longhorn Steakhouse jammed every weekend with marginal mall-chain-eaters. Like Outback, they're okay on occasion but I ain't fighting to get in there...

GOOGLE is your friend here and is generally reliable when selecting places to eat I find. But I also agree that it's best to cook at home...

I like pancakes as much as the next guy but only have them maybe a half dozen times a year. A restaurant that bases their concept on pancakes doesn't seem too smart. And I can't imagine getting dressed to eat breakfast either unless traveling.

Last edited:
I like pancakes as much as the next guy but only have them maybe a half dozen times a year. A restaurant that bases their concept on pancakes doesn't seem too smart. And I can't imagine getting dressed to eat breakfast either unless traveling.

They do have other things on the menu.

One of my best breakfasts was at The Original Pancake House in Bend Oregon years ago. Waffles stacked with huckleberries and huckleberry syrup and whipped cream, A side of bacon and coffee. I was full until supper.

Some years later we drove into Bend and we looked for the place in the morning. They had changed the streets in town so I couldn’t find the place.

I also don't understand why anyone goes to 5 Guys.

Well, for one, they are the Chick-Fil-A of burger joints. Someone actually speaks to you at the counter, engages conversation with you, there's no kiosk, no one pointing to a kiosk or sign advertising an app....

The food is fresh, and it gets done as fast as possible. There's generally no one in the grill area that is on their phone, picking their nose or arguing/fighting with another employee.

Yes, it's expensive, but the last time we were in there (3 weeks ago), the place was PACKED at 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon....

Someone actually speaks to you at the counter, engages conversation with you, there's no kiosk, no one pointing to a kiosk or sign advertising an app....
Why would you want that? When I go to a fast food place, I go for food, fast. Not to chit chat with the cashiers. Sounds like you might have difficulty with the kiosk, and if so, maybe take a little time to learn how to use it. It's quick and efficient and helps them reduce labor costs which mean lower cost food.

Why would you want that? When I go to a fast food place, I go for food, fast. Not to chit chat with the cashiers. Sounds like you might have difficulty with the kiosk, and if so, maybe take a little time to learn how to use it. It's quick and efficient and helps them reduce labor costs which mean lower cost food.
I've never seen it result in that, ever.

I can use the kiosk just fine. In fact, I did it at Wendy's last week when the highly intelligent $15/hour worker at the cash register couldn't ring up the single order in front of me in ample time.

I got my food before the party in front of me at the cash register did. One guy that came in behind me walked out.

That's the other sad thing - these restaurants can't get people in the doors. They have trained the general public not to come in, the service is so bad.

I can use the kiosk just fine. In fact, I did it at Wendy's last week when the highly intelligent $15/hour worker at the cash register couldn't ring up the single order in front of me in ample time.

I got my food before the party in front of me at the cash register did. One guy that came in behind me walked out.

That's the other sad thing - these restaurants can't get people in the doors. They have trained the general public not to come in, the service is so bad.

Rarely I eat at Arbys, but when I do eat there I always ’ring the bell’ on my way out.

I love Arbys but cutting down on fast food.

I was in Texas a few weeks ago and I saw about 25 cars in line for Dutch Bros Coffee.

Is that coffee really that good ?

I got my food before the party in front of me at the cash register did.
Well ok then, from your previous post's tone it sounded like you disliked the kiosks.
Someone actually speaks to you at the counter, engages conversation with you, there's no kiosk, no one pointing to a kiosk or sign advertising an app....

Back