The Alpha Male car....Thoughts/questions....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: maverickfhs
Originally Posted By: Chris142
Forgot the camaros doing donuts on lawns

Or Hellcat or chargers?
wink.gif

Chargers and Hellcats are Alpha as can be. Period.

Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder

Real alpha males drive anything they want because they don't care what you think.

Hahaha, probably true, but that's not the fun part of this thread.

So far I'm thinking the very large German Sedan probably represents the most Alpha of men in our country.

Last edited:
Wannabe alpha males don't drive cars. They drive diesel-powered lifted trucks and tactical-ized Jeeps.

Real alpha males drive anything they want because they don't care what you think.

Yep - and those wannabe alpha dogs or bros cringe taking their brodozers off road. Might as well turn in your "man card" and buy a Range Rover/Mercedes SUV/BMW X5 instead.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
The only guys I’ve known who owned convertibles were either gay middle aged men or very metro middle aged men. The expensive exotic convertibles seem to be owned by rich gay and metro middle aged dudes.

Hahahahahaaaaa, I love convertible sports cars. 30 years faithfully married (to an awesome woman) . Nothing metro about me either. I simply enjoy the performance of a turbocharged 400++ HP, RWD, lightweight and responsive car.

Sure, a new 'Vette Z06is faster, don't care. The turbocharged S2000 is a lot more fun, especially when driving like an enthusiast, or on track days.

Which brings me to well built Japanese tuner cars. There is something interesting about men who spend time, intelligence and money making a serious performance vehicle out of an appliance. Seems like these guys are quite focused, and therefore rather Alpha.

Mine:

MaKGi0o.jpg

Last edited:
I like that first post with the Jag.

Wish I had my old Ferrari back. Bought it when it was 2 years old, drove it for 8 years and sold it for more then I paid for it. Very reliable, one fuel pump, timing belts, spark plugs and lots of tires and brake pads. Did all my own maintenance. No matter how great a car you have there is always that "Oh, well that Ferrari only has a V8 not the V12"
eBispvP.jpg

Now I have a SLK and a Ninja 1000. My dream car I hope to have some day is the Ferrari 360 Spider.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I have two cars that elicit frequent reactions from other people. Some positive from enthusiasts, but mostly negative from the general public. It's okay though, as I know that some people can be very petty. I just laugh, as I bought the cars to please me, not them.

My Motorcycles also draw their share of commentary, mostly negative. Again, I didn't buy them to please anyone else.

I try to avoid situations where I have to listen to negative reactions when I am driving the more provocative cars, pretty much the Lotus, but last year I did have some clown walk up and ask me if I drove the Elise to '..make up for something'...I answered "Wow...you are so right! Should have gone for something bigger in retrospect?" They looked perplexed as I left...

"Oh, well that Ferrari only has a V8 not the V12"

Well, I'd say the currant values of the 308's puts that statement in its place....

Beautiful car, one of my favorites.

Only electronic driver aid allowed would be anti-lock brakes.
No traction control.
No stability control.
No bluetooth, phone will not be answered or looked at while car is running.
Limited slip differential(s) a must.
Hp to weight ratio of at least 1:10.

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Unimog would be a serious vehicle driven by a serious person.

I had a Mog for a long time but I am far from a serious person, more like a semi controlled nut job.

Originally Posted By: 555
Only electronic driver aid allowed would be anti-lock brakes.
No traction control.
No stability control.
No bluetooth, phone will not be answered or looked at while car is running.
Limited slip differential(s) a must.
Hp to weight ratio of at least 1:10.

A 2001 Viper GTS is the most Alpha car I've driven following that formula. The fellow that owns it DD until the snow flies and even got caught one day with a couple inches on the road and somehow got the Viper home without damage. How he pulled that off I have no idea...
He did add a cup holder though, for his Tim Hortons every morning.
I think some of the Restomod cars are pretty cool.
Something like this trumps anything AMG ever made IMHO.

The baddest current AMG looks almost gimmicky in comparison...

Last edited:

The really badarse alphas have a selection of their own best-of-breed examples of the studly genres: German GT, Diesel Mega Pickup, Muscle Car, etc.

Last edited:
I’d say a minivan but it could be anything. Not caring what others think of it is the true sign of an Alpha ride.

If the vehicles purpose is to make the owner feel superior they’re not really an Alpha at all. Whether it be the tallest truck, fastest car or most stripped down because “accessories are for sissies” that would still apply.

You know that you're an alpha male when other men at work emulate your purchases.
Years ago I bought an old 318i ragtop with excellent and full service history from new.
Within weeks, newer used BMWs began appearing in the parking lot driven by guys without a single clue as to what they had bought and what it might need.
Me, I'd just wanted a four cylinder stick ragtop that seemed to offer decent reliability, with the Miata seeming two common and too small.
After I bought the '12 Accord, Accords became all the rage at work.
It isn't what you drive, it's how you're perceived by your peers.

Originally Posted By: wings&wheels
Originally Posted By: 02SE
I have two cars that elicit frequent reactions from other people. Some positive from enthusiasts, but mostly negative from the general public. It's okay though, as I know that some people can be very petty. I just laugh, as I bought the cars to please me, not them.

My Motorcycles also draw their share of commentary, mostly negative. Again, I didn't buy them to please anyone else.

I try to avoid situations where I have to listen to negative reactions when I am driving the more provocative cars, pretty much the Lotus, but last year I did have some clown walk up and ask me if I drove the Elise to '..make up for something'...I answered "Wow...you are so right! Should have gone for something bigger in retrospect?" They looked perplexed as I left...

I've found these little encounters with petty people can happen anywhere. Usually my beautiful wife is with me, and when one of these clowns opens their mouth to question my manhood, or some other equally witty comment, she'll pipe up that the car or bikes in question is/are hers. Which they equally are. It always confounds these sad people.

Oh yeah, for the people commenting how a Diesel truck is a sure sign of 'compensating' for something, we have one of those, too. It's purpose is to pull the toy hauler, usually to the Dunes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back