That'll be $86

Yesterday I was driving around to various AAP stores collecting the discounted GTX HM 10W-40.

While I was at one store, waiting for the fella behind the counter to get my online order, I overheard this guy selling this young girl wiper blades for her Honda Civic. Thinking to myself, "probably $40-50 for blades, poor girl paying that much". I overhear the total, $86 and change. Wooooffff!!!

It ain't my place to get involved, but man it makes you feel bad. This poor girl paid almost 8x over for what a set could be had for. Granted there is a cost to "right-now" and the convenience of having the guy at the counter throw them on. But wow!

I throw a few sets on every larger RockAuto order I do @ $5.10 a blade for Trico Ice. That has become my favorite year-round wiper as of late.

Highway robbery.

1702934867506.png

Here 4Horses

Yesterday I was driving around to various AAP stores collecting the discounted GTX HM 10W-40.

While I was at one store, waiting for the fella behind the counter to get my online order, I overheard this guy selling this young girl wiper blades for her Honda Civic. Thinking to myself, "probably $40-50 for blades, poor girl paying that much". I overhear the total, $86 and change. Wooooffff!!!

It ain't my place to get involved, but man it makes you feel bad. This poor girl paid almost 8x over for what a set could be had for. Granted there is a cost to "right-now" and the convenience of having the guy at the counter throw them on. But wow!

I throw a few sets on every larger RockAuto order I do @ $5.10 a blade for Trico Ice. That has become my favorite year-round wiper as of late.

Highway robbery.

Why so expensive ?

I just purchase the rubber strip inserts when I had the nissan rogue at nissan parts for 6 bucks a set. Didnt like junk aftermarket universal wiper blades and flaky bulk attachments, prefer the factory wands.

And it gets the noggin slush moving trying to figure out how to put these things in!

and the convenience of having the guy at the counter throw them on. But wow!

Probably worth it to her since is probably unaware of how to do it herself.

People pay others for many "knowledge" jobs, priming a furnace, recovering data from a HD etc.

To those to know how to do it, clearly a "ripoff"; to others who don't; not.

I just purchase the rubber strip inserts when I had the nissan rogue at nissan parts for 6 bucks a set. Didnt like junk aftermarket universal wiper blades and flaky bulk attachments, prefer the factory wands.

And it gets the noggin slush moving trying to figure out how to put these things in!

My Honda has the same system. I thought it was genius not to waste plastic by replacing the whole assembly.

The only problem is they start skipping on the windshield and streaking after only 6 months.

:oops: Crazy. This is part of the reason I have had a few AAP gift cards sitting in my pocket for some time…

Back